**This position is contingent upon receipt of funding**
The Travel and Events Manager will be a member of the Travel and Events (T&E) Division. He/she will be responsible for organizing international events and coordinating travel arrangements supporting his/her assigned Operations Practice Area(s). He/she will also participate in the review of travel policies, monitor traveling activity and programs, create and oversee travel and event budgets, ensure compliance with regulations and internal processes, assist in the evaluation and improvement of existing standard operating procedures, and help to identify cost saving strategies.
· Two years of relevant work experience in project support, administrative and event and/or travel management
· Bachelor’s Degree is required
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across functions, organizations and suppliers/vendors
· Knowledge of U.S. government regulations
· Demonstrated project management skills, project planning, scheduling and tracking
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and ability to work with other programs and databases. Specific skills include but are not limited to:
o Word: Advanced knowledge with preferred typing speed of at least 70 words per minute
o Excel: intermediate/advanced knowledge with experience in creating tables, formulas, charts, etc
o Adobe Acrobat: basic/intermediate knowledge with creating and editing portable document format (PDF) files
o Microsoft Project: ability to set up work breakdown structure and task plans.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
· Strong time management skills and ability to deliver services on time, on budget and in accordance with funder expectations.
· Strong negotiation skills
· Solid critical thinking, writing and editing skills
U.S. work authorization
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our application and include a cover letter and resume.