University Research Co., LL (URC) is a global company that works to improve the quality of health care, education and social services in the U.S. and around the world. We provide technical assistance and field research to strengthen health systems and service quality by empowering health workers to find and expand proven and locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Currently, our work spans over 40 countries. Our work includes health systems strengthening, quality improvement and a focus on service delivery including HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, MNCH, nutrition and RH/FP. Our mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
The International Development Group is one of three international program divisions at URC/CHS and manages programs funded by USAID, CDC, DoD and MCC with key focus areas on improving health systems performance, implementation science and basic education.
This position combines technical and managerial support and coordination for the Uganda portfolio for the Group. The position will provide support to the Chiefs of Party of several large systems strengthening projects aimed at improving HIV/AIDS, TB, MNCH and FP services at all levels of the health system.
The position of Technical Program Manager combines technical and managerial support and coordination for the Uganda portfolio. The position will provide support to the Chiefs of Party of several large systems strengthening projects aimed at improving HIV/AIDS, TB, MNCH and FP services at all levels of the health system. These are the SUSTAIN project, RHITES-EC and health systems strengthening in the Soroti region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct support to the Chiefs of Party of SUSTAIN and RHITES-EC to ensure quality of technical assistance, including linking to technical resources, literature, expert advice
- Support documentation of program results, cross-project coordination and communication
- Contribute to the technical design and monitoring of subgrantees
- Provide technical assistance as needed and ensure appropriate technical resources are deployed
- Coordinate URC’s work for laboratory strengthening and logistics under CH2MHill
- Manage URC’s participation in CDC-funded project in Soroti Region with focus on technical implementation and liaising with implementing partner
- Lead URC HQ-based Uganda project support team in close collaboration with the IDG Director for Finance and Administration
- Coordinate with project management teams and linking to URC Global Headquarters
- Ensure compliance with company and donor policies and procedures, in close collaboration with the IDG Director for Finance and Administration, and other departments of URC
- Support efforts for new business development including developing technical strategies and writing technical and management inputs to proposals
- Advanced degree in public health, international relations, or related field.
- At least 8 years of hand-on experience in a developing country setting, managing and implementing relevant public health technical interventions; familiarity with quality improvement highly desirable; experience with USG, Global Fund, Gates Foundation or similar donor activities very desirable.
- Demonstrated experience within two of the following health areas: maternal and child health, HIV/AIDS, grants to local organizations and performance monitoring
- Demonstrated experience in supervision and managing staff
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills; high comfort level writing and presenting data and information in a compelling way to different audiences.
- Ability to work effectively and thrive in a matrix management setting in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time
- Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*