The Modernizing Foreign Assistance Network (MFAN) is seeking a motivated individual who is interested in global development policy to join our team as the Program Associate. He/she will provide programmatic, event and administrative support to the MFAN staff and Co-Chairs. This position reports to MFAN’s Executive Director.
The Modernizing Foreign Assistance Network (MFAN) is a reform coalition composed of NGOs, think tanks, and international development and foreign policy experts. MFAN was created in 2008 to build upon the bipartisan consensus that has emerged over the last decade that the U.S. should play a leadership role in achieving economic growth and reducing poverty and suffering around the world, and that we can play this role more effectively, efficiently, and transparently.
Please visit MFAN’s website for more information – www.modernizeaid.net
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Maintaining the calendar for the MFAN Hub staff and leadership
- Serve as main point of contact for all scheduling requests from partner organizations, U.S. government representatives, and other interested parties
- Coordinate meeting logistics
- Take notes, determine follow-up items and circulate them to appropriate groups within MFAN
- Attend community events, Congressional hearings/briefings and report back to Hub staff
- Work with Program Coordinator to coordinate speakers’ schedules
- Assist Program Coordinator in liaising with venues on event logistics
- Draft speaker invitations and thank you notes
- Manage RSVPs and assist in day-of logistics
- Budget support, including collection of receipts and invoice processing
- Troubleshoot IT related issues
- Maintain office supplies and MFAN publications
- Compile and send MFAN’s daily clips
- Assistant Program Coordinator with communications related tasks as needed, such as managing social media, and website updating.
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Demonstrated interest in global development or international affairs;
- Previous work or internship experience, preferably in a non-profit setting;
- Experience with Capitol Hill a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work independently and in a small team-oriented environment.
- Professional demeanor
- High level of comfort working with high-profile individuals from government, the non-profit sector, and the private sector;
- Sense of humor and a self-starter.
Please send a resume, cover letter, 2-3 references and a brief writing sample.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*