The position AKF is currently revising its global strategy while realigning organizational and management structures, strengthening business processes and core functions to maximize program quality and efficiency. The SGA will be part of a small team working together to support AKF worldwide in this effort.
The role will be divided into three core components: Partnership Development (50% time); Program Strategy and Design (25% time); and Unit Support (25% time).
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND CORE TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
Strategic Partnerships (50%)
- Working with AKF(UK) to explore specific resource mobilization opportunities with targeted donors;
- Engaging in development dialogue with think tanks, Universities, implementers, donors and governments on key topics relating to AKDN;
- Pursuing new opportunities for programmatic, intellectual, and/or financial partnerships.
Program Design (25%)
- Coordinate with the AKF program team in responding to specific resource mobilization opportunities in field units; coordinate the efforts of a “rapid deployment” design team that would be demand-driven, and would involve individuals with multiple specialties and perspectives.
- Ensure that donor proposals are aligned with the global strategy;
- Explore new programming opportunities with AKDN agencies at a global level;
- Develop brief “Issue Papers” that would explore important topics in development relating to AKF; these papers would encourage dialogue and debate on new programming ideas.
Unit Support (25%)
- Support field units to think through optimal management structures and team profiles;
- Support Organizational Development processes as needed;
- This role will be based in London, though with a significant amount of time traveling (approximately 70%) to potential donor countries and field offices.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
- Masters’ degree in relevant field(s);
- Ability to travel frequently to developed and developing countries.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in international development or related fields, including a minimum of 5 years in leadership and management positions (ideally managing budgets exceeding $24 million);
- Experience in organisational leadership including organisational development, governance, recruitment and performance management of senior management level staff;
- Experience in developing others to deliver high performance through methodologies such as mentoring and coaching;
- Proven ability to establish productive, collaborative relationships with multiple stakeholders including senior government, private sector and civil society leaders;
- Experience in operational management, business development, risk management, and engagement with internal and significant external stakeholders;
- Accomplished at negotiating political relationships;
- Written and spoken fluency in English; other language skills desirable.
- Understanding of and appreciation for ADKN’s goals, values and ethics;
- Knowledge of the development issues and funding agencies;
- Practical knowledge of programme management, risk analysis, donor and contract oversight;
- Extensive knowledge of effective management in economic development challenges and opportunities;
- Extensive experience living and/or working in one or more of the AKDN Program countries preferred, including a practical understanding of the challenges to, and opportunities for strategic growth in the Global South.
- Ability to set and lead vison in alignment with AKDN/AKF values and strategic plan;
- Excellent strategic, analytical, communication, collaboration and leadership abilities;
- Superior leadership skills, people-management skills and conflict-management abilities;
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills; skilled at clearly and confidently articulating issues, recommending solutions and persuading diverse constituents; ability to represent AKDN/AKF externally;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholder relationships;
- Superior negotiation skills with the ability to interact with and influence high level decision makers;
- Strong networking skills and the ability to increase the AKDN/AKF visibility and positioning and influence at high socio political levels;
- Ability to learn and adapt whenever necessary;
- Highly developed conceptual, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Superior written communication skills; capacity to prepare high level briefs, reports, research papers and publications;
- Ability to rationalise and explain decisions on complex matters.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*