HIAS seeks a Development Associate to provide professional and proficient support to the Development Department. Reporting to the Director, Individual Giving and Development Operations, s/he uses HIAS’ information management systems, including Raiser’s Edge and Luminate, to drive forward both HIAS’ fundraising activities and its engagement activities generated through the HIAS website.
S/he possesses excellent data management skills and assists in fostering and maintaining HIAS’ relationships with individual donors, foundations, corporations, and other stake holders.
- Enters donor data into Raiser’s Edge.
- Processes contributions to the organization from individuals, foundations, corporations, and Federations.
- Oversees the acknowledgment process and prepares thank-you letters to donors, ensuring that well written, accurate, and timely acknowledgments are produced for every donation.
- Provides support to the Development team by identifying, cultivating, communicating with, and tracking donors for all areas of fundraising and planned giving.
- Maintains files and records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field with at least 1-3 years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising/development environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to perform multiple tasks quickly and accurately.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel).
- Extensive knowledge of data management systems, particularly Raiser’s Edge.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Ability to navigate and collaborate with a diverse workforce across all levels of the organization.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*