Are you looking to utilize your leadership skills? Do you have proven experience with managing programs and projects? Do have a heart to share the Gospel through humanitarian aid? If so, this might be your chance to have a career with impact! We are searching for a Senior Programs Manager (SPM) for our La Paz, Bolivia field office.
The Senior Programs Manager (SPM) is responsible to assist the Country Director (CD) in providing overall leadership and direction for Samaritan’s Purse programs and projects in Bolivia. The SPM will also be responsible for supporting Program Managers (PMs) and Project Coordinators (PCs) in the implementation of all projects. Management responsibilities include staff development, government and donor relations, program design and implementation, reporting, budget management, daily field operations and staff support.
- Create and cast the vision and strategy along with the CD for Samaritan’s Purse in Bolivia.
- Supervise and conduct performance appraisals for PMs and PCs. This will include such tasks as recruitment and orientation of new staff; planning, assigning, and addressing complaints and resolving problems, in conjunction with the Human Resources Manager.
- Design new and continuing programs/projects, creating budgets and developing narrative proposals while working collaboratively with PMs, PCs, Monitor & Evaluation Officer, and Regional Program Development Officer.
- Prepare and submit monthly narrative and programmatic field reports to the CD.
- Provide professional representation for SP with government officials, dignitaries, other Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) and visitors, as requested.
- Ensure SP compliance with legal and cultural requirements.
- Monitor potential and present humanitarian emergencies and keep the CD informed of events, including potential programmatic response.
- Liaise with donors and potential partners in identifying and pursuing potential program and funding opportunities.
- Provide spiritual leadership and support as assigned by the CD.
- Other duties as assigned by the Country Director.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university and/or three to five years related international work experience is required.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
- Extensive field humanitarian experience in a management role with ability to lead large cross cultural teams.
- Possess strong organizational, communication (written and verbal), and networking skills.
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Knowledge of project planning and implementation.
- Experience of financial and administrative coordination.
- Willingness to travel frequently and stay in the field for extended periods.
- Ability to coordinate activities with local involvement and establish working relationships with other NGOs.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*