Women for Women International (WfWI) is seeking to hire a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager for a six-month contract position based in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI). Expatriates and/or third country nationals are encouraged to apply.
The M&E Manager will oversee the successful implementation of WfWI – KRI country office’s monitoring and evaluation activities through implementation of established M&E strategies and guidelines. The M&E Manager will work in coordination with the Social Empowerment Manager, Economic Empowerment Manager and other relevant positions to ensure quality data collection, analysis and reporting to HQ. The M&E Manager reports to the Country Director and is a member of the WfWI - KRI Senior Management Team.
Program Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Develop field level framework and schedule of implementation for all components of the M&E system, in accordance with WfWI strategies and guidelines.
- Coordinate closely with relevant program managers to facilitate the staff use of, and training in, all M&E forms;
- Promote a culture of “Lessons Learned” and best practices of M&E activities, ensuring that data and processes are discussed in appropriate forums and in timely fashion for effective use in field activities;
- Manage and lead the M&E team and other country office staff in the implementation of all monitoring and evaluation activities, programs and strategy;
- Coordinate with Social Empowerment Manager and Economic Empowerment Manager to ensure that M&E data is integrated into all country planning, programming, and reporting;
- Oversee data collection, training of staff and contractors in M&E activities and tracking of program participants and graduates;
- Collaborate with the HQ M&E team for design of new M&E forms and tools for complementary activities;
- Coordinate special evaluations, impact studies, research, and community assessments as needed;
- Carry out regular field monitoring visits to oversee program activities and identify areas where adjustments are needed for better M&E reporting;
- Compile analytical reports on key M&E activities to fulfill data/information requests from the country office, the Global Programs Unit in HQ, and donor reporting requirements, and maintain accurate records of communication;
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Research in HQ to ensure that M&E activities in KRI are aligned with WfWI’s global strategic plan;
- Prepare weekly work plans and monthly reports for submission to the Country Director;
- Participate in country office strategy development, proposal development and fundraising activities;
- Prepare operational planning, representing the Monitoring and Evaluation Department keeping team members informed of all changes in program strategy, policy, guidelines and expectations.
- Lead on recruitment for M&E and data collection staff and contractors in the KRI;
- Performance manage direct reports in line with WfWl’s performance management framework, including the setting of annual performance objectives, development plans, performance appraisal and regular 1:1 meetings to review progress throughout the year;
- Conduct weekly M&E departmental meetings and oversee time and attendance and work planning and scheduling of all staff in the M&E department;
- Develop and implement a capacity building plan for the M&E department staff according to need; provide on-the-job training, coaching and support as required.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective use of the country office M&E budget;
- Ensure that expenses are reviewed and approved according to budget and need;
- Review monthly “budget vs. actual” reports to track actual expenditures against projected budget and address changes needed;
- Provide required documentation to Finance department as needed;
- Participate in new budget development and annual operational budget planning for the M&E department.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Social Sciences or related discipline. [Note: significant number of years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a Masters dégrée but a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required.];
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in a relevant field (M&E/field research/statistics/cooperative management/development/poverty reduction programs and related fields), preferably within the INGO sector, of which at least 3 years at managerial level;
- Proven experience of using participatory tools and methodologies for program identification, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Understanding and experience of gender issues and commitment to addressing gender inequalities in all areas of responsibility;
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to present complex data and analysis in a clear way; excellent attention to detail required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as a part of a team and to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff and participants;
- Ability to manage and build a team of staff effectively;
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion is required;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Ability and willingness to travel within KRI and internationally as required;
- High level of fluency in English; Kurdish and/or Arabic language skills are a plus;
- Excellent computer skills including working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email applications. Database management /data entry and analysis experience is required;
- Experience using statistical software preferred;
- Experience with electronic data collection preferred.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*