The technical writer works closely with technical, operations and business development staff at headquarters and field offices to support the development of high-quality, technical designs and compliant proposals for submission by Blumont to the U.S. Government and international, commercial firms, multilateral organizations as well as other development institutions. This position’s key focus is technical design with ideation, finding country and context specific solutions to keep Blumont on the leading edge of Agriculture and Food Security in both humanitarian and development contexts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as lead and contributing technical writer as necessary for a range of agriculture and food security related topics including food and nutrition security, climate-smart agriculture, agriculture value chain and the development of market-focused livelihoods
- Work in compliance with Blumont’s business development processes including participation in kick off, solution design sessions, development of win themes, differentiators, and color team reviews to develop winning proposals
- Provide relevant, innovative and technically sound and current information to help shape project design for agriculture and food security efforts
- Facilitate partnerships with relevant for international and local profit, not-for profit entities, US small businesses, and think tanks and research entities such as IFPRI, Agrilinks, CGIAR and universities
- Advice Blumont on identifying and recruiting high quality key personnel for new bids as needed
- Develop technical documentation formats and assure conformance with funder standards
- Collaborate with Blumont’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Applied Learning (MEAL) team to develop performance monitoring plans for proposals and integrate Blumont’s best practices and lessons learned into proposals
- Design and support assessments including emergency market mapping, value chain and food security assessments
Additional tasks as needed:
- Write and/or update proposal boilerplate text
- Support preparation of business development or marketing-related documents.
- Develop technical briefs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics or other relevant discipline related to Agriculture
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in agribusiness, agro value chain development rural development, natural resource management, and nutrition
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in proposal writing for a range of donors including Food for Peace, Feed the Future, and Food for Progress
- Ability to design and interpret value chain assessments in both humanitarian and development settings
- Knowledge of gender and agriculture and climate smart agriculture a plus
- Knowledge of agriculture practices in Asia and Africa desirable
- Fluency in English required; Arabic or French a plus
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience working with or knowledge of NGOs in MENA, Afghanistan, Colombia and West Africa .
- Knowledge of development assistance programs and organizations
- Excellent organizational, technical writing and editing skills
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and with diverse teams.
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent multicultural communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and changing environment, and meet strict deadlines
- Limited travel to the field to conduct assessments or develop proposals may be necessary but not mandatory
- Normal Office Conditions.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*