Counterpart International is currently seeking a Senior Innovation Specialist to Support the Innovation for Change Initiative. This is a full time position based in Arlington, VA. This position will report to the Project Director.
Innovation for Change is a global community of people and organizations who want to connect, partner and learn together to overcome barriers to closing civic space and its impact on our day-to-day actions. Every day we face restrictions to our basic freedoms of assembly, association and speech, but by working with each other and new partners we can create a civil society-led response to these challenges, roll back restrictions and open up civic space to allow for positive social change.
The initiative, which is graduating from an incubation phase through a year-long global co-creation/design process, operates based on a human-centered design and social innovation methodologies. As such, the nature of the work over the next year will adhere to similar principles. The core team will work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, and iterative manner, within a flat management structure. Team members are expected to be forward thinking, entrepreneurial, and inquisitive; they should also feel comfortable and be confident in navigating through a high degree of ambiguity, to create the most responsive systems and products for this global effort.
- Work with Regional Hubs across the global south to develop and drive an innovation strategy throughout the IfC network
- Support Project Director in planning an Innovation Roadmap for the IfC network
- Provide capacity building support to the regional network incubators and other Hub stakeholders.
- Provide digital storytelling and citizen journalism expertise, including trainings and learning content
- Assist network in planning mobile collaboration and connectivity initiatives
- Assist network members in planning and conducting advocacy and outreach campaigns
- Provide technical input in evaluating solutions intended for partially connected environments, including situational awareness, data collection and operational use.
- Assist with the review of program work plans and performance monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Assist in managing a developmental evaluation approach to M&E
- Support Project Director in diversifying and expanding IfC network to include innovation talent
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in relevant field (International Relations, International Development, Information Technology).
- Ten (ten) years experience in working with activists and civil society organizations working in closing space environments on innovation initiatives
- Five (5) years of practical experience conducing trainings in different parts of the world.
- Demonstrated experience digital storytelling, citizen journalism and data journalism techniques
- Experience with mobile survey and collaboration approaches
- Experience working in restrictive and partially connected environment.
- Experience with nonviolent civil resistance and people power methodologies
- Experience working in restrictive and partially connected environments
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail under time-pressure and on short-deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work creatively and problem solve in fluid situations.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-lingual settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally.
- Strong internet and computer software skills, including MS Office Suite program/Office 365, Google Apps, mobile apps, and web-based research tools.
- Language skills in Spanish, French, Arabic, and/or Russian.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*