The Program Assistant serves the broader needs of the program they support both at Blumont HQ and in the field in the areas of project implementation and administrative support. Additionally, he/she will assist in the overall management of programs. Blumont’s Program Operations teams are responsible for the development and implementation of humanitarian response and disaster relief programs and projects worldwide, funded by a variety of donors, including the Department for International Development (DFID), the United Nations (UN), and others.
Essential Job Functions
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support primarily UN-funded projects in the MENA region, including Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Yemen, and Syria; duties include support for logistics and administrative arrangements for the field and support of short-term and long-term personnel;
- Help maintain all required program and project records and files (hard copies and electronic files) for all projects and programs;
- Assist in the preparation of reports and dissemination of information;
- Assists in overseeing financial performance and budget management, project start-ups, implementation, and closeout as well as final report preparation, and ensure prompt resolution of implementation problems;
- Conduct program development research and assist in the proposal writing process;
- Attend relevant events with donors, clients, partner organizations and others, and arranges meetings for the practice area;
- Assist with new staff orientation, training, and capacity building; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in the field of international development, humanitarian assistance, or project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in International Affairs, Political Science, International Development, or related field of study
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of or experience working with the United Nations and Department for International Development (DFID) preferred.
- Fluency in Arabic preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen to and respect colleagues. Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
- Demonstrated strong communication and problem-solving skills, results-oriented, flexible.
- Create supportive working relationship among all program components.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
- Up to 30%
- Physical Requirements
- Normal office conditions
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*