To fully be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter along with your application.
A. Overall Purpose Of The Job
The Security Director Operations (SDO) is the senior security operations leader in the Philadelphia and Phoenix Regional Security Centres.
The SDO is responsible to the Regional Security Director Americas for the operational direction, capacity and growth of security services within the region across the full span of security operations.
The SDO works with the Security Operations Manager, Americas (SOM)) and Coordinating Security Managers to ensure all operational activity is appropriately supervised and directed, including 24/7 escalation. The SDO ensures constant ability of the RSC to deliver travel security services, this includes but is not limited to situational awareness of regional security events, and the effective communication to clients of developments, via online content, verbal and written advice as appropriate whilst maintaining and delivering the capability to offer assistance as requested by clients.
The SDO is responsible for the direction and maintenance of operational planning, ensuring appropriate readiness to deliver information and assistance services in both business as usual and in response to regional escalations.
The SDO works closely with the Security Director - Security Solutions, Americas to ensure appropriate support to sales and consulting delivery; and, working with Manager Quality &Training, Travel Security and Senior Managing Editor, ensures the quality of online content advice and assistance services.
B. Key Responsibilities
Management and Leadership
- Direct the regional security operations
- Deliver supervision and guidance to all staff, including 24/7 escalation support to the operational desks.
- Direct management of Security Operations Manager, Coordinating Security Managers (CSMs) and Coordinating Security Specialists (CSSs)
- Implement career development and succession planning of security operations staff
- Maintain operational relationship with Control Risks and International SOS.
- Manage the relationship with third party security providers
Operational Service Delivery
- Responsible for resource allocation across core security activity, including situational awareness, Active Monitoring, advice, assistance, consulting delivery and operational readiness, according to agreed priorities, with the appropriate balance of effort between longer-term developments and current events.
- Operational delivery of 24/7 regional assessments, advice and assistance to internal and external clients.
- Ensure effective management of all client cases to the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain understanding of the regional security situation in order to maintain readiness to deploy.
- Direction and deployment of Incident Management Team(s) to provide on-the-ground support to clients or regional operations.
- Maintain regional operational capability through effective management of the Country Assessments Process and its outputs, including Concepts of Operations and Plans of Action, Escalation Matrices and Collection Plans
- Direct and allocate country planning trips to reinforce and expand operational capability in line with RSC priorities
- Ensure appropriate deployment readiness in line with regional intent and assessed or actual client requests
- Ensure 24/7 escalation capability and response
- Ensure quality of service provider network, relationships, competency and capacity in line with RSC requirements. Using regional operations staff the SDO will assure, reinforce and extend as required the security service providers network throughout the region, working closely with regional Control Risks offices and the Global Assistance Network teams in International SOS.
Support delivery of Consulting and Training Services
- In close cooperation with Security Director - Security Solutions, Americas, allocate resources for consulting and training delivery.
- Support or develop non-standard consulting or training tasks as required
Quality and Training
Working closely with the Security Operations Manager, Americas , Manager Quality and Training, Travel Security and Senior Managing Editor, the SDO will:
- Ensure implementation of the Global Quality Management Program across regional operations
- Ensure all standards are met in internal documentation and process
- Define and drive regional collective training, performance management and development
- Assure quality improvement initiatives are implemented through review and training
- Ensure adoption of best practices influencing customer brand loyalty
- Support the growth of the security business in the region through a focus on quality of service and support to sales and marketing efforts:
- Ensure high quality of content for security component of Assistance Centre tours
- Support local market, customer and competitor insight
C. Job Profile
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Strong people management and relationship skills
- Risk management and/or crisis management expertise
- Planning and execution of complex security operations
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Strong knowledge of the political and security landscape of the Americas region
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage competing business priorities
Persuading & Influencing - Makes a strong personal impression on others; Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating; Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others; Makes effective use of political processes to influence and persuade others.
Working with People - Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others; Adapts to the team and builds team spirit; Recognises and rewards the contribution of others; Listens, consults others and communicates proactively; Supports and cares for others; Develops and openly communicates self-insight.
Relating & Networking - Establishes good relationships with customers and staff; Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organisation; Relates well to people at all levels; Manages conflict;
Required Work Experience
- International work experience essential
- Cross cultural management experience essential
- Experience in security or intelligence operations in military, government or private sector roles
- Team management, ideally including management of remote team members
- Extensive experience within Americas region, including relevant language skills and work experience
- International (security) work experience
- Business development, consultancy and sales experience
- Training delivery experience
- Quality management experience preferable
- Undergraduate degree (or relevant professional training) in a field related to security or international relations studies.
- Post graduate degree in finance, management, business in a field related to security or international relations preferable
- Accreditation by regionally recognised security or risk management body.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Spanish or Portuguese preferable
Travel / Rotation Requirements
- Travel will be required from time to time to meet the requirements of the business
- Ability to be on call on a rotational basis as part of the Americas regional duty roster
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*