The mission of Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is to provide impartial medical relief to the victims of war, disease, and natural or man-made disaster, without regard to race, religion, or political affiliation.
You will join a dynamic team that is responsible for raising and managing a portfolio of over 900 donors valued at $20+ million. You will be responsible for managing your own portfolio of corporate donors and coordinating MSF efforts to maximize international partnership opportunities. Daily functions will include: regular communication with and stewardship of corporate contacts, developing proposals and reports. In addition, you will manage the communications, best practices sharing, procedures and administration within the international corporate working group, and collaborating with international peers to maximize opportunities across overlapping corporate donors. You will report to the Director of Corporate Relations and be part of the mighty MSF-USA development team.
- Manage all aspects of cultivation and stewardship of a select portfolio of corporate donors;
- Develop proposals and reports for corporate and employee support;
- Lead development of a global partnership analysis and strategic framework appropriate for MSF in collaboration with international peers;
- Lead an international sub-committee focused on global partnerships and specific companies where there is overlap in different MSF sections to maximize efficiencies and identify new opportunities;
- Coordinate the international corporate working group and ensure the pertinent information sharing related to global partnerships;
- Oversee the process of revision and collaboration on the implementation of international partnership procedures;
- Conduct routine donor data entry and analyses;
- Communicate and track relationship activities in development database;
- Participate in various donor engagement activities, events and meetings;
- Engage in networking opportunities to garner introductions to new prospects;
- Collaborate on development of content and materials with members of Foundations team and other MSF departments;
- Initiate and participate in donor meetings which may include, when appropriate, Executive Director, other development team members, MSF aid workers, and key staff;
- Collaborate with other departments on areas of overlap such as events, employee matching gift campaigns, donor advised funds, as appropriate;
- Build knowledge of MSF and international news and regularly attend organizational meetings and internal programs from the field;
- Participate in development of annual plans and strategies to meet MSF priority funding needs aligned with organizational objectives and policies.
- Minimum five years successful fundraising experience, including global corporate partnerships, preferably with US corporations. Including proven track record with all aspects of donor cultivation (research, grant writing, follow-up, and stewardship);
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent;
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills to be able to share complex and controversial information to a variety of recipients;
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills;
- Interest and commitment to the work of MSF and knowledge of international affairs and humanitarian issues;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work under pressure and with deadlines while maintaining sense of humor and keen attention to detail;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Enthusiastic team player with the ability to work independently;
- Excellent judgment and diplomacy; and• Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint and database software(s) such as Salesforce or Raiser's Edge.
- Marketing skills;
- Project management skills; and
- French skills preferred, Spanish a plus.
Please submit all applications including cover letter and resume, Subject: Development Officer, Corporate Relations and International Coordination before August 11, 2017. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*