The Department of Agriculture (USDA) Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) links U.S. agriculture to the world to enhance export opportunities and global food security. In addition to its Washington, District of Columbia (D.C.) staff, FAS has a global network of over 90 offices covering 162 countries. These offices are staffed by agricultural attachés and locally hired staff who are the eyes, ears, and voice for U.S. agriculture around the world. FAS staff identify problems, provide practical solutions, and work to advance opportunities for United States (U.S.) agriculture and support U.S. foreign policy around the globe.
- The Project Manager shall have full authority to act for the contractor on all contract matters relating to daily operation of this contract.
- The Project Manager shall interface with the COR and is responsible for the overall management of services under this contract.
- Responsible for the management of contract operations.
- Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, computer services, and client services.
- Defines project scope and objectives.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
- Manages integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- A minimum of five (5) years of IT experience managing staff within infrastructure management and service desk services is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering, business or related field, Master’s degree preferred;
- A PMP certification is required.
- The Project Manager shall have a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in supervisory principles and practices to direct, review, and evaluate the work of subordinate personnel. The Project Manager shall be capable of planning, directing and coordinating the work of the technical personnel involved.
- ITIL Foundation certified preferred
- COBIT Foundation certified preferred
- Experience in all aspects of information technology including: IT Operations and Maintenance; Service Desk & End User Support; IT Security; Systems Engineering; and Application Development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Clearance: Secret level or greater
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*