CONCORD is seeking a consultant to research and draft a publication on the EU Trust Fund for Africa Monitoring the EU Trust Fund for Africa and Migration Compacts: ‘Partnership or Conditionality?’
Aims and objectives of the publication
- Fact findings raising and production of a policy report on the EU Africa Trust Fund to be used in promoting awareness in EU member states and the European Council on the need to establish “True Partnerships” based on Policy Coherence for Sustainable Development (PCSD), human rights and do-no-harm approach with African governments and local civil society organisations. This should take into account the ACP-EU and EU/Africa processes: the policy recommendations arising from EUTF monitoring could nurture Concord Europe positioning in sight of AU/EU summit of November 2017 and other relevant moments in the EU/Migration policies agenda;
- The paper will be used to interact with the European Commission (DG DEVCO, DG Home Affairs and DG ECHO), as well as National Development Agencies on the Migration agenda;
- To strengthen ties with Members of the European Parliament and National parliaments on the monitoring of the EU Africa Trust Fund and Migration Compacts to raise their knowledge, sensitiveness and capacity to interact with national governments and the EU Council and European Commission;
- To ensure CSOs and local actors are consulted in the programming, monitoring and evaluation of the EUTF for Africa;
- To demonstrate need for adaptation of EUTF modalities and projects.
The consultant is expected to have:
- Experience in working for or understanding of European Migration and Development policies;
- Significant understanding of the EU Development Cooperation, EU institutions set up and relevant stakeholders (national, EU and UN level);
- Experience of policy analysis, report writing and political communication, incl. ability to clearly formulate key recommendations;
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research;
- Excellent English writing and editing skills; ability to write about complex issues in an engaging way.
Please send the following elements:
- A CV outlining your relevant expertise for this assignment;
- A short proposal (max. one A4 page) on how you will undertake this data analysis, including a suggested number of days and their distribution between the different tasks and phases of the work, as well as your daily rate;
- Send your application by Sunday 6 August midnight Brussels time, to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com;
Please include CONCORD – Migration EUTF consultant plus your name in the subject of the email.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*