The Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies - the political foundation/think tank of the European People’s Party (EPP; the largest European-level political party of the centre-right) - conducts activities on a wide range of policy-oriented, EU-related issues. The Wilfried Martens Centre for European Studies is looking for a dynamic, motivated and innovative individual to fill the full-time position of IT Administrator, based in Brussels.
Established under the EU Regulation (EC) No. 1524/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the regulations governing political parties at European level and the rules regarding their funding, the Martens Centre is an organisation that offers the unique opportunity to join an energetic team which lays the groundwork for the foundation’s ambitious plan of action.
The Martens Centre is currently looking for a dynamic, motivated and innovative individual to fill the position of IT Administrator (m/f) based in Brussels. Starting date is September 2017.
This is a temporary position with a two years contract under Belgian law, with the possibility of extension.
- Ensure the maintenance of all IT and multimedia equipment in the office (computers, tablets, mobile phones, meeting room equipment and other display devices);
- Install new or rebuild existing servers and workstations and perform daily backup operations; repair and recover from hardware or software failures;
- Update existing software on workstations and servers and perform daily monitoring of hardware and server resources;
- Manage and maintain firewall and perform regular security monitoring;
- Managing Office 365 Admin Centre and Intune system;
- Coordinate the livestream of the Centre events, including setup and maintenance of required hardware and software; suggest new tools and strategies to increase reach, video and sound quality, number of views, etc.;
- Assist with website maintenance and updates by liaising with website providers for bug checking, improving SEO and user experience;
- Assist with monitoring and improving the performance of the online activities of the Centre (website plus social media), including key performance indicators (KPIs), trimester reports and other ad-hoc tasks;
- Assist with email marketing, including campaign optimisation, growth of subscribers, segmentation of email lists;
- Support users on hardware and software issues and organise IT training sessions if needed.
- Proficient knowledge of English; knowledge of French and/or Dutch considered an advantage;
- Higher degree in related disciplines and 2 years of professional experience in IT user support;
- Good command of Microsoft Office, Windows7/10 and Windows server 2012, Drupal CMS, MailChimp, Google Analytics, TCP/IP network environment, Microsoft Office365 platform, Salesforce and graphic design software;
- Committed and flexible team player, able to work in a multi-national environment.
Applicants should forward a detailed CV and a cover letter by e-mail for the attention of Tomi Huhtanen, Executive Director of the Martens Centre, by 3 September 2017. When applying, please mention “IT Administrator” in the subject-line of the email message.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*