Join a world-class team helping travelers in need around the world every day! On Call International, a member of the Tokio Marine group of companies, is a leading provider of customized medical, security, and travel assistance programs for international businesses, leisure travelers, as well as expatriates, students, and others traveling away from home. Our fast-paced, high-energy, and multi-lingual team work around the clock to deliver life-determining aid during medical emergencies from any point on the globe, as well as coordination of transportation home after accidents or illnesses.
Under supervision, the position of the Global Security Specialist is to support On Call International personnel and clients by providing in depth global security insight, monitoring geo-political climates and incidents, coordinating response in the event of security related situations, and delivering training & guidance on optimal security & risk management practices. This position will include travel for the purpose of supporting the sales team, meeting and coordinating with clients, client training, and industry related networking and seminar events.
Relying on limited experience and knowledge, the Global Security Specialist is responsible for accomplishing the following assignments. These assignments are varied in nature.
- Monitor, identify, and respond to geopolitical developments, incidents, and trends that could affect the safety & security of On Call International client interests around the world.
- Provide analysis, perspective and landscape assessments on demand. Monitor open source intelligence channels. Develop and maintain relationships with functional peers, industry experts and intelligence originators.
- Integrate analysis into broader Travel Risk Management functions including traveler education, alert notifications, expatriate safety, event security, threat analysis, and traveler education.
- Initiate tasks and projects in a self-motivated and creative manner; work independently and in a high-pressure, time-sensitive environment.
- Create, deliver, and implement training plans for On Call International clients and internal company stakeholders.
- Maintain up-to-date market trends in intelligence and security through independent research and inquiry. Contribute to industry thought leadership.
- Contribute security industry thought leadership to other departments within the Tokio Marine HCC On Call International umbrella.
- Assist in the utilization and implementation phase of client engagement.
- Provide timely communications and consults to On Call management, client representatives, and security or law enforcement organizations.
- Manage On Call systems and applications. Evaluate, test and ensure quality of systems and processes used within the organization. Troubleshoot issues and provide corrective actions and process improvements.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and data. Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
Tokio Marine HCC group of companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC group of companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Criminal Justice, Security, Business, Journalism, Communications, or related discipline preferred. Equivalent military, intelligence, security, law enforcement, or business experience may be substituted for degree. (NOTE: satisfactory progress toward degree accepted for intern or co-op roles.)
- Possess and have ability to apply knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word) and On Call systems.
- Familiarity with web based Incident Reporting Software, claims management, case inventory, digital aggregation platforms, or similar applications preferred.
- Demonstrated familiarity with international security issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required. Successful management of customer, peer and/or professional relationships.
- Strong time management experience required with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment with the ability to work independently.
- Research and critical thinking skills for identifying, collecting, synthesizing, and evaluating large amounts of data in order to draw logical and actionable conclusions.
- Ability to develop client relationships and assist Sales and Marketing team as necessary.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy. Familiarity with social media required.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*