The Group of Thirty (G30) is currently seeking an Associate Director. The Group of Thirty is a small think tank that focuses on international financial matters. We are seeking a dynamic individual to help ensure its program going forward is a success, one that builds on the organization’s established reputation for leadership in financial and regulatory reform issues.
- Events: The Associate Director manages the logistics for and attending the Group’s meetings, luncheons, and seminars, ensuring all aspects of the events run smoothly and according to the highest standards. The Associate Director acts as liaison with staff in international institutions to organize semi-annual plenary meetings, under the direction of the Executive Director. This includes travel to specific meeting locations to finalize plans and provide onsite support.
- Publications: the Associate Director will support the Group’s Work Program and research projects, including coordinating the report leadership meetings and teleconferences, editing and proofreading, and coordinating with design and print teams. The Associate Director must maintain a working knowledge of the financial policy landscape, identifying trends and topics of possible interest for future study by the Group. The Associate Director will work closely with the Executive Director in the preparation of papers on issues related to international economics and finance.
- Fundraising: In coordination with the Executive Director, the Associate Director coordinates the annual fundraising cycle. The Associate Director will ensure careful monitoring of outcome, prompt response to donations, and associated follow-up.
- Other: Assist the Executive Director in the day-to-day management of the Group, in particular by overseeing the work of the Group’s office manager and interns.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Master’s degree in international economics and or related field.
- Two to three years’ experience managing programs and large events.
- Strong research and analytical abilities, outstanding written and oral communications skills. The individual must be comfortable dealing with senior executives in an appropriate manner and must be able to manage and work well with others from Chairman to support staff.
- Proficiency with office computer applications including MS Word, Excel, and Access is required. Knowledge of basic website platforms, including Expression Engine, is preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail in all aspects of work is essential.
- An ability to handle multiple tasks, from research to logistics matters, is required.
- International experience and skills in a foreign language gained through living and working abroad, and/or educational experience abroad would be a plus.
- The Group of Thirty provides healthcare, dental and metro transit benefits, generous paid vacation including all federal holidays, and a pension plan for qualified employees. Salary commensurate with experience.
Send a cover letter, resume, and a short writing sample (no more than 5-10 pages) to: Stuart Mackintosh, Executive Director
No calls please
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*