The Alliance for International Exchange is looking for a dynamic and creative self-starter to help build upon its communications efforts. The Alliance is an association of 90 organizations and serves as the only collective public policy voice of the exchange community in the United States. The Communications Professional supports the work of the Alliance both internally and externally. S/he reports to the Executive Director and works closely with other staff members on a variety of projects.
The Communications Staff Person:
· Plays a key role in executing all of the Alliance’s communications programs
· Engages media through press releases and op-ed articles
· Expands the Alliance’s use of social media
· Supports Alliance Advocacy Days, congressional briefings, and other events
· Develops workshop trainings for member organizations
· Leads development of Alliance website overhaul plan
· Plays responsible role for Annual Meeting logistics and provides other support
· Collects and reports on data, and performs research
· Represents the Alliance at meetings and events
· Supports Alliance operations
· Manages content management system
Seeking a professional with two to three years of concentrated communications experience, or relevant graduate degree, who has strong writing, research, and technology skills. Bachelor’s degree is required. Graphic design experience is a plus, as is experience with congressional engagement, advocacy, membership associations, and/or international relations. An interest in international exchange is preferred.
The Alliance offers a very supportive work environment with generous benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. We also value national service and encourage service year alumni and veterans to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience and salary history.
Please send your resume and cover letter in one PDF, including salary history. Please no calls.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*