The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager will lead the design, development, and implementation of systems for monitoring performance, evaluating impact, and learning for adaptive management of multi-year, donor-funded agriculture development projects. The successful candidate will provides strategic oversight of MEL activities and technical guidance to staff worldwide.
Position can be based in Fintrac's Washington, DC or St. Thomas, USVI office.
- Directly manages Home Office MEL team – monitors individual work plans, reviews deliverables for quality and accuracy, provides constructive and timely feedback, and identifies opportunities for professional development;
- Develops customized MEL Plans consisting of theories of change, development hypotheses, strategic frameworks, performance indicators, data management procedures, and learning priorities for projects and proposals;
- Provides technical guidance in MEL Plan development, indicator selection, target setting, data collection, quality control and analysis techniques, and evaluation and learning methods and tools;
- Develops customized MEL systems and methodologies for data collection (including baseline establishment, annual surveys, and special studies), storage, quality assurance, analysis, and dissemination, and provides technical oversight during implementation;
- Responsible for the development of corporate learning content to build capacity of worldwide MEL team;
- Supports field-based projects on strategic MEL issues, and provides training in MEL concepts and methodologies, as needed;
- Develops company-wide MEL policies and procedures and ensures compliance;
- Identifies and recruits short-term technical specialists (statistical analysts, sampling experts, survey design specialists) as needed to build team capacity and externally validate methodologies;
- Monitors common performance indicators across projects to ensure consistency in reporting and reports on company performance;
- Advises on strategic MEL issues and progress against targets to the executive team and senior managers;
- Collaborates across departments to disseminate information to stakeholders, and respond to donor requests; and
- Responsible for overall quality control and integrity of Fintrac’s data.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, social sciences, or related field; master’s degree strongly preferred;
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in monitoring and evaluation of USAID or other donor-funded programs, emphasis on performance monitoring preferred;
- 2+ years of applied field experience in developing countries, experience managing data collection activities preferred;
- Working knowledge of both quantitative and qualitative methods for data collection and analysis, proven ability to analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data and effectively present findings both written and verbal;
- Proven experience and skills in statistics, sample design, survey design, data visualization, and data management;
- Advanced Excel skills, advanced proficiency in statistical analysis packages (i.e. STATA, SAS, R), knowledge of GIS and other programming languages highly desired;
- Demonstrated knowledge of agricultural development required, knowledge of nutrition a plus;
- Technical understanding of experimental and quasi-experimental methodologies for impact evaluation;
- Spanish fluency strongly preferred;
- Proven experience successfully managing and mentoring a team, experience managing remotely a plus;
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, independently, and to meet deadlines without compromising quality;
- Familiarity with applying Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) approach to management is desired; and
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Fintrac is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*