Come join us and grow your career with CTG! CTG has worked with this international, Fortune 500 end-client for over 10 years! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE POSITION – PLEASE READ!
This is not a physical security officer position. This job is in an Operations Center. It requires customer service, good communication skills, analysis and global awareness.
• This is not a Monday to Friday, 8AM-5PM job. The schedule is a rotating schedule and every 4 weeks your shift will change.
• 8 hour shifts – 7 am – 3 pm, 3 pm – 11 pm, 11 pm – 7 am
• The shifts per week changes each week – 32 hours one week (4 days) and 48 hours the next week (6 days)
• Shift is a 24/7 operation – holidays and weekends are included
• Possibility for both scheduled and unscheduled overtime due to 24/7 operations
• Fixed role, steady rotation, you will know your schedule for the entire year
****All eligible candidates must be open to working on the above schedule****
Job Title: Global Security Operations Center Coordinator
Location: Corning, NY
Contract duration: 12 months with probable extension or possible direct hire
Pay rates: $14-16.75/hour, based on benefits choice
The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Coordinator, under the guidance of the GSOC Manager, is responsible for monitoring the security of Corning’s employees, facilities, and property worldwide. The purpose of this position is to detect, analyze and alert others regarding all-hazardous threats to the corporation and its employees; these threats may include extreme weather conditions, political instability, crime, terror, infrastructure failures, etc. The GSOC Coordinator also provides alarm monitoring, dispatch communications, emergency response, and incident notifications, including escalation of major incidents to senior corporation management.
Professionally represent Corning Incorporated and the Global Security Division by performing duties including, but not limited to:
• Communicating directly with Corning employees around the world as a primary first-contact/first-report for all questions and concerns pertaining to security
• Gathering security and threat information from multiple open-source intelligence services using a variety of web-based and in-house tools
• Conducting risk analysis, and providing proactive guidance to travelers, expatiates, and facility management
• Global monitoring of company assets, including alarm response with dispatch of emergency and/or security services
• Compiling situational and after-action reports for both security and company management
• Providing as-needed support for various security operations, crisis response and business continuity functions
• Performing business functions such as document drafting and revision, data tracking, budget forecasting, and data analysis
• Daily tasks could include fire or medical emergencies, different reports to fill out, reports are issued daily to various stakeholders (top company executives). Duties are half dispatcher role and writing risk analysis. Must be able to pick up phone immediately and provide excellent customer service under any/all circumstances!
• Duties could include alarm monitoring, call center work, answering phones, answering emails, risk analysis, threat analysis, base determination fraction, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree (Journalism/Political Science/International Relations) OR Associate degree with 2+ years’ experience in a related field
• Top attributes the manager is looking for are self initiative, confidentiality, professionalism, great phone skills, professional success
• Language preference – Korean, and Mandarin a huge plus
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong team player with a professional interpersonal style
• Aptitude for clear and effective writing under time-sensitive conditions
• Superior telephone and face-to-face verbal communication skills, including experience clarifying information in a friendly and positive manner
• Flexibility to work all shifts and a willingness to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime
• Ability to establish priorities, multitask, work independently, and complete objectives in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
• Sound operational judgment
• Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality
• Comfortable in a high-tech work environment, with constant learning of new tools and processes
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
• Broad geopolitical awareness, knowledge of international events, and cultural sensitivity
• Experience conducting research and acquiring and analyzing data
• Technical writing experience
• 2nd language – Mandarin, Korean, German, French, Spanish or Portuguese
• No third party resumes will be accepted
• Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
• All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors!
• Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
• CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
• CTG is an E-Verify Company
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*