The Senior Associate, Chapter Development serves as the primary liaison between UNA-USA and its Chapters. He/she works with Chapters, Divisions, and Regions in building Chapter capacity, and developing Chapter-based membership retention and recruitment efforts.
- Serves as UNA-USA staff liaison to Chapters, Divisions, and Regions.
- Maintains an understanding of current Chapter needs to support member engagement and increase Chapter capacity.
- Maintains overall chapter management, including chapter leadership rosters, online communication groups, annual reports, affiliation agreements, and bylaws.
- Provides chapter updates in monthly Member Report to UNA-USA staff and National Council as needed.
- Works with Senior Director of Membership and Programs, UNA-USA to transition organizing committees into active chapters.
- Works with UNA-USA staff and National Council leadership to identify, reactivate and rejuvenate inactive chapters.
- Manages and maintains the permanent UNA-USA files (electronic and physical) for chapters including the collection, filing and analysis of chapter year-end reports and verification of Federal tax filings. Provide support to chapters seeking a separate 501(3)(c) tax filing.
- Responsible for the coordination of chapter requests, such as speaker needs, insurance certificates, and UNA-USA promotional materials, to assist them in participating in UNA-USA’s major events, including UN Day, Human Rights Day and International Women’s Day. Negotiates speaker travel as necessary.
- Works with UNA-USA chapters to participate in the Adopt-A-Future campaign.
- Maintain relationship with USA for UNHCR to administer reports and materials for the Adopt-A-Future campaign.
- Attends chapter meetings/conferences/workshops to promote UNA-USA and to strengthen existing chapter systems.
- Supports Director, UNA Education Programs to promote and train members and partners on UNA-USA’s Model UN mobile app.
- Works with UNA-USA team to produce UNA-USA’s Members Day and Annual Membership Meeting.
- Works with UNF campaigns to integrate campaigns into Chapter programming. Develops best practices and resources, including webinars to provide informational training sessions on various topics throughout the calendar year.
- Establishes close working relationships with Chapter leaders through contact by email, telephone, mail, and in-person visits.
- Work with Membership Team to respond to customer inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Supervise UNA Membership Intern
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of experience at chapter-based organizations.
- Demonstrated customer service excellence.
- Background in international relations and a basic understanding of the United Nations and its agencies.
- Ability to work independently and within tight time constraints.
- History of successful public speaking engagements.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to senior level staff and to the public.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, verbal, and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and teamwork skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong project and time management skills, including ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*