Thomson Reuters World-Check is seeking a Research Analyst to join our team. We are looking for a candidate who possesses an academic and/or professional background in Investigations, Global Intelligence, or Know Your Customer (KYC) research, and who has an outstanding aptitude for thinking and writing analytically to a very high standard.
The candidate should be able to work independently and effectively under
stress and be comfortable with working in an online environment. The ability to convey careful analytical judgment and complex information in a concise, impartial and accessible manner to clients is essential. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate to work on a diverse and intellectually dynamic team of open source intelligence analysts in order to further develop World-Check’s strategic global security coverage.
• Maintaining a high level of regional and portfolio country expertise through reading, research, and attendance at relevant seminars.
• Conducting in-depth research on specific regional security issues.
• Analyzing a wide range of data sources and producing daily structured reports and updates.
• Maintaining research data currency on breaking regional developments and long-term threats.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
• Must be proficient (fluent) in Hebrew.
Close familiarity with and detailed understanding of current affairs and security risk issues relating to politically exposed persons (PEPs), bribery, corruption, financial crime, other crime.
• Ability to write clearly, concisely and impartially to tight deadlines.
• Must possess excellent research (online), analytical and written skills.
• Must be proficient with MS Office and working on an online environment.
• Digital and data storytelling skills (e.g., storyboarding, video production, etc)
• Passionate about the relevant issues
Prefer graduate level or a Bachelor degree in international relations, political science, sociology, security studies, or other social science fields. Outstanding recent graduates in other fields will be considered.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*