Foreign Affairs seeks an exceptionally organized and dynamic self-motivated individual to assist with all areas of the magazine’s business operations. The right candidate for this position will pay superior attention to detail and be able to juggle multiple requests across the department. The candidate will be comfortable working with spreadsheets and databases, but also has strong written and verbal communication skills. The role requires significant administrative support, but also provides the opportunity to learn all aspects of the magazine business from production to advertising to digital development.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage advertising accounting including insertion orders, billing, collections and tracking of incoming invoices
- Coordinate incoming advertising materials for bi-monthly print magazine production and regular online ad inventory
- Provide routine assistance with testing new digital features and launches, as well as weekly e-newsletter production
- Support advertising and events with administrative duties including organization of client correspondence, scheduling, research, mailing lists and occasional travel arrangements
- Work closely with the Global Communications and Media Relations team on coordinating press relating to Foreign Affairs publications and events
- Assist with email marketing campaigns, including creating and updating marketing collateral using Adobe Creative Suite
- Act as the department backup for other email marketing efforts, including occasional email newsletter staging and deployment
- Maintain and updating website content for all branches of the business department
- Assist with live and remote events, including research, setup of conference calls, production of marketing materials and coordinating with outside vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- One or more years of work experience/internship experience, in the publishing, media or another industry is preferred
- Strong administrative skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Salesforce or customer relationship tools
- Prior experience with magazines or international relations content a plus.