PAE seeks Corrections Advisor candidates to support a potential opportunity on the Department of Justice’s International Criminal Investigative Training Assistance Program (ICITAP) program. ICITAP works in various countries worldwide whose mission is to work with foreign governments to develop effective, professional, and transparent law enforcement capacity that protects human rights, combats corruption, and reduces the threat of transnational crime and terrorism, in support of U.S. foreign policy and national security objectives. Please note this advertisement is for positions in advance of the award of the contract. These positions are located worldwide.
General responsibilities include:
- Provide advice related to organizational development, interagency cooperation, and developing training programs to investigate transnational crime, corruption, and terrorism
- Develop plans and strategy to forge interagency partnerships in international environments
- Provide advice regarding professionalizing foreign national Criminal Justice and international enforcement
- Assess training needs and requirements for effective implementation
- Provide policy, operations analysis, recommendations, and reports
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-15+ years of corrections experience as an officer in prison/correctional facility.
- Demonstrated experience advising, training entry- level correctional personnel at state or federal levels on correctional topics and successfully presenting correctional officer training programs.
- Candidates required to have experience in providing guidance on the day-to-day operation of a correctional/prison facility and the ability to evaluate incarceration practices with regard to human rights.
- Must have outstanding communications and analytical skills and an Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent understanding of processes for developing correctional agencies from the ground up and developing relevant policies and procedures.
- Experience as an instructor, trainer or advisor on correctional policies and procedures.
- Experience advising executives at state or federal levels on correctional issues and the ability to establish and manage personnel and budget accounts.
- Training experience in employee concerns processes, Internal Affairs, and problem resolution methodologies. International correctional facility development desirable.
- 15+ years correctional experience in various assignments including seven years demonstrated experience in senior leadership positions in a prison or correctional program
- Bachelors or Masters Degree.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*