The Hollings Center for International Dialogue, an NGO promoting dialogue and exchange between the United States and Muslim-majority countries, seeks an Outreach and Communications Coordinator to oversee key communications and outreach activities. The Center is based in Washington, DC and Istanbul, Turkey. The coordinator will report to the Center’s Executive Director and will work closely with other staff in Washington and Istanbul. The position has significant responsibility across all areas of the Center’s work and requires a diverse skill-set. The position will involve occasional overseas travel. This is a full-time position. See www.hollingscenter.org for more information about the Center.
Outreach and Communications Responsibilities
- Conducts outreach activities, designed to engage existing and new Center stakeholders:
- Communicates with participants for upcoming dialogue programs, ensuring proper communication of program specifics.
- Engages previous program participants, informing those individuals of new opportunities and collecting information to measure the Center’s long-term impact. Connects Center participants with programmatic opportunities.
- Supports the development and execution of events and other programs in Washington, D.C. and the United States.
- Explores opportunities in coordination with the Executive Director to develop new partnerships.
- Updates and maintains the Center’s contact database.
- Coordinates the timely release of the Hollings Center e-newsletter, including drafting, editing and promoting articles and multimedia content.
- Works with Center contributors and stakeholders to develop content consistent with the Center’s mission and values.
- Maintains the Hollings Center web site:
- Ensures consistency in the design and presentation of web pages.
- Uploads written content and multimedia to the Center’s web site to promote the Center’s programs.
- Creates and develops private web sites for Center dialogues.
- Maintains web site functionality. Coordinates with external contractors to maintain site security and integrity.
- Tracks key metrics and analytics of Center’s digital platforms and develops strategies to increase traffic.
- Develops regular reports to map the Center’s communications reach and other trends.
- Writes features, summaries, and other content at the direction of the Executive Director.
- Proofreads and edits content written by Center staff and stakeholders.
- Compiles photographs from staff, consultants, and participants for social networks and private participant use.
- Maintains and develops the Center’s social media presence in consultation with the Executive Director.
Administrative and Programmatic Support
- Supports Hollings Center staff in the planning and execution of Center dialogue programs, including dialogue logistics, participant invitations, and other duties as deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
- Assists with organizational technology and office equipment, including working with consultants to ensure office technology is properly functioning.
- Assists the Operations Manager with accounts payable, invoices, and miscellaneous financial information as needed. Supports the Washington, D.C. staff in maintaining an efficient office environment.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
Occasional domestic and international travel (via economy class fare) may be required
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Approximately 1-3 years experience in the international affairs, communications, and/or nonprofit sector.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects with tight deadlines.
- Highly professional demeanor and meticulous attention to detail.
- Superior skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with WordPress or other CMS systems.
- Experience using Constant Contact, Salesforce, and other contact management systems.
- Experience in publication layout and design.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and writing sample by Friday, August 18. No phone calls please.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*