The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Personnel, Corporate Services Directorate (CS-PERS) - Quality, Management Support and Systems Department (QMS) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Associate) Officer – Knowledge Management Specialist.
This is a full time position at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The EIB is a constantly evolving work environment. In such a changing and challenging environment, the Personnel Directorate has identified several transformation priorities. The Knowledge Management Programme aims at consolidating and enhancing the sharing of Personnel’s legal rules and practices, and providing Personnel with the necessary means and tools to facilitate the communication of such information towards its clients.
The Junior Knowledge Management Specialist will review and document the current practices and rules identified in the context of the programme under the guidance of the Senior Knowledge Management Officer (e.g. rules formalisation, FAQ on practices, etc.). S/he will also support the team by contributing to the definition of the aim and purpose of the programme, methodology documentation, maintenance of rules and practices, etc., with as objective to improve the collection, storage and dissemination of HR legal knowledge.
The Junior Knowledge Management Specialist reports to the Head of the Quality, Management Support and Systems Department (QMS) and works under the guidance of the Senior Knowledge Management Officer. S/he works in close collaboration with the Project Management Analyst and with all other Divisions in Personnel, in particular Employee Relations, Managers, as well as with the Data Protection Officer, the Legal Affairs Directorate and the College of Staff Representatives.
- Draft and document the proposed rules and practices (incl. FAQs), based on the input provided by the business and guidance from the Senior Knowledge Management Officer;
- Provide legal support, analytic research and expertise on rules and practices identified in the context of the scope of the programme, with the support from the Senior Knowledge Management Officer in legal research (including, but not limited to, employment and labour law, staff rights and benefits under EIB staff rules and regulations, Data Protection and other staff related procedures managed by Personnel);
- Edit rules and/or practices based on HR legal advice on recurrent matters, specifying legal interpretation provided by HR Lawyers (using historical cases and relevant EU jurisprudence);
- Ensure a high quality of work provided by the Knowledge Management team, including assisting in the preparation of reports, notes, FAQs, and all type of documentation related to the Knowledge Management Programme;
- Contribute to the formalisation of the programme’s methodology (by supporting the Project Management Analyst) in particular related to the update of the rules’, as well as in selecting and implementing a Knowledge Management tool;
- Together with the Senior Knowledge Management Officer, assist in the simplification of rules and identify the impact of implementation on the business. Assist the Senior Knowledge Management Officer in managing relations with the College of Staff Representatives.
- University degree in Law. Specialisation in EU Employment and Labour Law would be an advantage;
- Good knowledge of Labour and/or European Union Law;
- At least 3 years of legal professional experience. Experience with an international organisation/company would be an asset. Experience in Labour Law will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of EU institutional and policy framework, notably in the social relations field would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures;
- Understanding of the Bank’s mission, organisation and activities;
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills as well as organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Very good knowledge of the standard Windows Office tools;
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French(*), with a good knowledge of the other. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals;
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes;
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns;
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*