RTI International is seeking candidates for a Senior Education Management Information System (EMIS) Advisorfor a USAID-funded Early Grade Education project in Tanzania – Tusome Pamoja. Tusome Pamoja is a five-year, sector support program targeting better learning outcomes (focused on reading, writing and mathematics) at pre-primary and primary early grades (standards 1 through 4), in 31 Local Government Authorities of Mainland Tanzania across four regions of Tanzania – Iringa, Morogoro, Mtwara and Ruvuma - and 11 districts of Zanzibar. The goal of the program is to achieve age-appropriate, curriculum defined levels of reading and writing at standards 2 and 4 for at least 75% of classrooms in the target areas. An additional objective of the program is to develop, implement and demonstrate best approaches to strengthen the quality of education in the target regions for replication consideration in other regions.
In support of this national activity, the Government of Tanzania, represented by the President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG) has requested long-term technical assistance (LTTA) in support of the basic education School Information System (SIS), a facility-based real-time reporting system in support of school and overall education management. The LTTA will provide technical and project management advice, including support to problem solving, identifting lessons learnt and providing added value to the respective institutions and functionaries’ mandated activities. Upon completion, capacity and systems should be built to ensure sustainability.
The Senior EMIS Advisor will work directly with PO-RALG, national and sub-national staff, as per agreement with PO-RALG and USAID Tusome Pamoja. He/she will be permanently based in Dodoma with frequent travel to Dar es Salaam, Regional Secretariats (RS) and Local Government Authorities (LGA), responsible for SIS leadership, management and technical support.
- Provide support to PO-RALG designated managers for the effective leadership and management of School Information System (SIS) project, including the analysis of requests for information, systems enhancements and new systems as well as the development of appropriate proposals, business cases, write-ups and project plans;
- Support the specialist Project Team, including operations, work programming, performance, change management and financial management;
- Support the development of processes for, and the actual assistance of clients to formulate development of quality requests and analysis of new system requirements and information requests;
- Support the development of internal business reports including business cases, proposals and project plans, considering the business needs and the application architecture;
- Support the development of processes for and actual monitoring; support the review of business requests, in line with established protocols, corporate priorities, ICT strategy and legislative requirements and implement procedures to improve the management of requests;
- Support the current implementation/roll-out of SIS to new regions and LGA, as required.
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalence from a recognized university; consideration may be given to alternative qualifications with 10+ years’ experience and demonstrated performance track-record;
- At least ten (10) years working experience, with proven experience in ICT project management for national and decentralized public sector systems, with at least one (1) as a chief technical advisor or project chief (technical);
- Experience with management information system development and roll-out;
- Project management support to government within context of EMIS/ICT;
- Within government institutional capacity building experience;
- Proven business acumen and demonstrated ability to build business partnerships;
- Proven organization skills and ability to manage competing time demands for multiple projects within given timeframes;
- A creative thinker with an innovative approach to problem solving which is outcomes driven rather than process orientated;
- Strong proven experience working within the public sector, working with the building of decentralized systems capacity and human resource capacity is required;
- Experience in business process analysis preferably in a multi discipline environment;
- Highly developed analytical skills with an ability to remain focused on outputs and to adjust delivery mechanisms to meet deadlines and client needs;
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively negotiate and communicate specific issues where there are competing agendas and priorities;
- Energy and enthusiasm with a strong client focus;
- The ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*