The precise nature of activities will depend on the priorities and client work during the time of the placement, to be agreed.
However, the responsibilities and tasks are likely to include the following:
- A big focus on policy, press and/or social media monitoring for clients, including but not limited to energy, agriculture, food and tech policy, as well as related specific issues;
- Assistance with daily tasks of the Industrials PA team on various client accounts as required;
- Support with executing PA and media strategies;
- Contributing to research and analysis on various policy issues, reporting of relevant developments, drafting briefings, reports, updates and other forms of communication;
- Support with organisation of and preparation of materials for meetings, events or other client/stakeholder engagement activities.
- Native or near-native level of English (oral and written) is required;
- University degree in political science, communications, international relations, law or other relevant field;
- Very good knowledge of EU decision making processes, ideally gained from prior experience working in a consultancy, the institutions, private sector or other EU-related environment;
- Excellent analytical and written skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - a positive approach with a self-learning attitude;
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple assignments;
- Ability to work effectively in a varied environment and within small dynamic teams;
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), additional skills are a plus;
- Interest in digital forms of communication and a good understanding of the social media landscape;
- Knowledge of policy areas in relation to, amongst others, security of supply, infrastructure, renewables, agriculture, energy efficiency, circular economy, sustainability, and other areas would be an asset.
- Experience in working with the media and/or a good understanding of the media landscape would be an asset.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*