The Senior Business Development Manager, Recruitment will be responsible for providing recruitment and partnership support as part of the development of competitive bids for institutional donors. This role will lead the efforts for live and upcoming bids for potential project staff – either key personnel or core staff. S/he will also assist in the development of recruitment resources and guidelines specific to USAID and other USG funding sources to streamline USNO recruitment across the Plan Federation. They will also be responsible for identifying and onboarding consultants for proposal development.
- Lead recruitment efforts for competitive USG-funded proposals working in close collaboration with team members from the Country Offices and USNO technical units
- Develop the capacity, train, and mentor staff to become USG proposal recruiters. Provide on-the-job support related to recruitment using best practices.
- Identify potential positions, develop job descriptions, and facilitate advertising of positions;
- Coordinate interviewing process including preparing interview questions, scheduling interviews, formatting CVs and collection of relevant USAID paperwork from selected candidates;
- Assist in developing and regularly updating USG proposal recruitment guidelines for the Plan Federation;
- Develop and maintain a library of recruitment resources for competitive bidding;
- Provide general proposal development assistance as needed.
Education and Experience
- BA in International Development, Human Resources or related field. MA degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with USG proposal recruitment process.
- Field experience a plus
- Prior knowledge of USAID rules and regulations regarding recruitment and personnel processes.
- Recruitment experience for international positions – HCNs, TCNs
- Broad knowledge of US labor laws and basic HR principles in compensation, benefits, staffing, training and development, employee relations.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and sense of humor;
- Attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of a second language: French or Spanish is desirable
- A demonstrated commitment to Plan International’s Mission
Typical office environment
Within Plan USA
Senior Director, Business Development (supervisor), Business Development team, Program Staff and HR.
Within the Global Plan World
Country Office Resource Mobilization Managers, Country Technical Advisors, and Country or Regional Heads; IH Recruitment.
Business development and technical or program staff working for peer organizations; and USG staff at USAID, the State Department, CDC and other institutions as needed.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*