The International Corporate Accountability Roundtable (ICAR) harnesses the collective power of progressive organizations to push governments to create and enforce rules over corporations that promote human rights and reduce inequality.
The Campaigns and Advocacy Director is responsible for the leadership and management of the Campaigns and Advocacy Team, a new and innovative effort of ICAR to build powerful and winning campaigns. Key responsibilities include: developing and implementing ICAR’s campaigns and advocacy strategy; overseeing project budgets; leading project-level and overall strategy setting; and publicly representing ICAR in relevant settings. The Campaigns and Advocacy Director reports to and collaborates with the Executive Director.
The Campaigns and Advocacy Director is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Strategic Vision and Leadership
- Develop and execute campaign and advocacy strategies to support ICAR’s mission, programs, and initiatives;
- Develop work plans and build systems to ensure the effective implementation of the Campaigns and Advocacy Team’s projects and strategic priorities;
- Ensure cohesion, coordination, and high-level performance across the Campaigns and Advocacy Team;
- Provide strategic advice to the Executive Director and Legal and Policy Director on ICAR’s campaigns and communication activities.
- Campaigns Management and Oversight
- Provide advice and support to the Campaigns and Advocacy Team on project management and implementation of individual work plans;
- Develop and oversee project budgets;
- Oversee the development and implementation of ICAR’s strategic communications activities, including through traditional and social media;
- Manage and oversee relationships with external experts, partners, and consultants.
- Advocacy and Stakeholder Engagement
- Conduct and support high-level advocacy and engage with contacts within government bodies, civil society organizations, national human rights institutions, businesses, investor groups, and institutions at the national, regional, and international levels;
- Develop and publicly present position statements and advocacy strategies to support ICAR initiatives;
- Develop and maintain relationships with partner organizations, ICAR members, and key stakeholders.
- Organizational Planning, Staffing, and Fundraising
- Work closely with the Executive Director to raise funds to support ICAR’s programs and operations, including drafting grants proposals and reports;
- Assist in organizational strategic, operational, and financial planning;
- Recruit, oversee the professional development of, and supervise ICAR Campaigns and Advocacy staff including Coordinators, Associates, Fellows, and Interns.
Education and experience:
- Advanced degree in communications, marketing, economics, or a relevant social science required or commensurate campaigns and advocacy experience;
- At least 7+ years of campaigns and advocacy professional experience required;
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights and social justice;
- Supervision/managerial experience required;
- Media experience desirable;
- Fundraising experience desirable;
- Must be legally able to work in the United States.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Highly motivated with the confidence and the ability to act proactively, think quickly, and work independently;
- Ability to develop and deliver high impact messages, including through social media;
- Ability to develop project work plans and manage budgets;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines;
- Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills;
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Google applications, and Dropbox;
- Proficiency in a second language strongly desired.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*