The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking creative, high energy, social media savvy journalists in Syria. MBN is a non-profit, multimedia broadcaster that provides accurate, objective news and information to audiences in the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio and digital properties.
MBN is looking for Multimedia Reporters to generate original, balanced content for television, social media platforms, and radio. Assignments will seek to inform and engage audiences through video and other journalistic forms. The primary duties and responsibilities of the Multimedia Reporter include, but are not limited to:
- Generating relevant, original content (including video content) with original sources and research within assigned deadlines
- Creating content to effectively inform audiences on local, regional, national, and international debates and issues related to Syria.
- Ensuring all videos and other content are well-organized, balanced and compliant with MBN’s Journalistic Code of Ethics and copyright restrictions
- Incorporating edits and direction from the Assignment Editor
- Monitoring news sources to keep informed of related regional and international news
- 2 years of professional news media experience.
- B.A., preferably in journalism or related field.
- Eligibility to obtain media licensing by local authorities.
- Strong news judgment, high energy, and self- motivation.
- Mastery of Arabic and strong writing and verbal skills.
- Proficiency in Kurdish and/or another local language.
- Sound English communication skills.
- Competency in modern journalism tools including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Demonstrated understanding of Middle East and international current events.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*