Deadline for applications: 30/09/2017
Type and duration of contract: Temporary Agent AD 9, Up to five years, with possibility of renewal
Security clearance level: EU SECRET
Monthly basic salary: € 7 600,25
1. About Eurojust
Eurojust is the EU judicial cooperation body. Through its unique expertise, Eurojust supports, strengthens and improves the coordination of investigations and prosecutions among the competent judicial authorities of EU Member States in the fight against serious and organised cross-border crime.
Eurojust is facing an exciting time of considerable change, including the adoption of a new EU Regulation governing Eurojust, a rising caseload including increasingly complex cases and a move to modern, custom-built premises in the heart of the International Zone of the Hague.
Eurojust seeks to recruit dynamic, flexible, highly qualified staff to support its mission.
More information on the mission and mandate of Eurojust is available on its website: www.eurojust.europa.eu.
2. The position
Eurojust is launching a selection procedure to fill one vacant post and to establish a reserve list for the position of Head of the Corporate Communications Unit (AD 9).
Eurojust is aiming to enhance its visibility and relationships with partners by revamping its communication capabilities. To achieve this, we are seeking a dynamic and results-oriented communications professional with a proven track record of designing and implementing successful corporate communication strategies and a sound understanding of Eurojust’s mission and mandate.
As the Head of the Corporate Communications Unit, you will assist the President, the College and the Administrative Director to maximise Eurojust’s outreach to practitioners, stakeholders and to the public and to increase the impact of Eurojust’s work.
You will lead and oversee Eurojust’s communications, media and external relations strategy, while safeguarding consistency in the organisational brand. You will report directly to the Administrative Director of Eurojust.
i. Policy & Strategy
- Lead and manage all corporate communications activity;
- Design and implement integrated communication plans to increase the visibility of Eurojust, its mission and achievements;
- Provide strategic communications advice to the College, the Presidency and the Administrative Director;
- Monitor developments in the news agenda, EU legislative proposals and policy activities to identify potential issues which may impact Eurojust and ensure there are robust communications plans in place to respond to these issues;
- Coordinate and execute the development of effective internal communication strategies and support the dissemination of information about key organisational initiatives and successes;
- Develop and enhance Eurojust’s corporate branding.
ii. Press & External Relations
- Devise and execute communication campaigns to position and reinforce the profile of Eurojust and increase media impact;
- Develop strategies to drive positive press coverage;
- Build and maintain strong strategic relationships with key national and international media;
- Coordinate press activities;
- Support the President and members of the National Desks in media appearances, stakeholder relations and external representation of Eurojust and, when required, act as Eurojust’s Corporate Spokesperson;
- Enhance Eurojust’s online and social media presence;
- Analyse and report on the impact of media and external relations activities and regularly review strategies to meet organisational priorities.
iii. Communication products
- Oversee the development and production of printed, audio-visual and online communication material;
- Write press releases, articles and statements for a variety of publications and audiences;
- Draft speeches, presentations and briefings;
- Oversee the Corporate Communication Unit’s provision of key services to the organisation, including proof-reading, editing, lay-outing, graphic design and publication of Eurojust documents;
- Develop and deliver content strategies for the Eurojust website to ensure information is current, targeted and engaging;
- Keep up to date with web trends and technological developments and incorporate new tools in Eurojust’s communication activities where appropriate.
- Lead, motivate and manage a robust corporate communications team;
- Oversee the Eurojust Library and Knowledge Management Interface;
- Establish clear priorities, action plans and Key Performance Indicators for the Unit and monitor results against agreed goals;
- Manage the Unit’s budget, perform the role of Authorising Officer, manage service contracts and provide regular reports on budget implementation.
3. Eligibility criteria
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria on the closing date for application:
3.1. General requirements
The applicant must:
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union;
- Enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- Produce the appropriate character references as to his/her suitability for the performance of his/her duties;
- Be physically fit to perform his/her duties1;
- Have a thorough knowledge (C1) of one of the languages of the European Union2 and a satisfactory knowledge (B2) of another language of the European Union, to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties.
3.2. Minimum qualifications and professional experience
a) A level of education that corresponds to completed university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma and, after having obtained the university diploma, at least 13 years of appropriate professional experience;
b) A level of education that corresponds to completed university studies of at least 4 years attested by a diploma and, after having obtained the university diploma, at least 12 years of appropriate professional experience.
Only qualifications that have been awarded in EU Member States or that are subject to the equivalence certificates issued by the authorities in the EU Member States will be taken into consideration.
4. Selection criteria
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria set out in section 2 will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- At least 10 years of professional experience and knowledge in the areas mentioned above under “key accountabilities”;
- At least 3 years of experience in a management position;
- Proven track record in designing and implementing successful corporate communication strategies in a similar context;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to convey complex political information in a clear, concise and impactful way. Proven ability to communicate at all levels in a multicultural and multi-national environment;
- University degree in journalism, communications, political science, law, international or public relations or similar;
- Knowledge of the institutional framework and functioning of the European Union, in particular in the field of Justice and Home Affairs;
- Solid and proven experience in leading and managing a multi-national team;
- Excellent planning, organisational and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills: ability to network and be persuasive towards internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong team player, with the ability to act in a supporting role to senior management;
- Fluency (C1) in English, as English is the vehicular language of Eurojust.
The following characteristics are considered as additional assets:
- Studies or experience in a legal field;
- Professional experience in judicial cooperation;
- Professional experience in an EU or other international environment.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*