EPD is currently looking for a recent graduate or young professional to start an internship in late September 2017. The available position will focus on project development and management, but the Intern will have the opportunity to get involved in the whole range of activities undertaken by the EPD Secretariat. Please note that this position is unpaid and based on a voluntary work contract.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Providing assistance on programme management through the monitoring of projects;
- Liaising with project partners in target countries and other stakeholders;
- Updating the EPD funding review on a weekly basis;
- Providing assistance in writing project proposals;
- Assisting with background research (such as analyses of democracy assistance);
- Attending and writing reports/minutes of relevant EU events;
- Assisting with such administrative tasks as scanning, filing and preparing for events;
- Assisting in the daily functioning of the organisation;
- Providing other kinds of assistance as requested.
- Recent graduate or young professional with strong interest and sound knowledge of EU external policies, ideally in the field of democracy support;
- Very good English; knowledge of French, Spanish, Russian or Arabic an asset.
Conditions and benefits:
- 5 to 6 months assignment on a short-term contract signed by EPD and the Intern or, if applicable, a student's home University/School/Institute;
- Interns are fully involved in all aspects of our work; they are part of an international team that supports them in acquiring skills to work in an international organisation and hands-on knowledge of how major international actors inter-relate, at EU and global levels;
- Possibility to attend workshops, lectures and other events within and outside of EPD;
- Letter of reference and evaluation grid at the end of a successful internship;
- Valuable experience for future career opportunity in Programme Management within NGOs, non-profit organisations or any small to midsize organisation;
- Please note that this is an unpaid internship and that the Intern will need to obtain financing for subsistence and make his/her own arrangements for travel to and from Brussels, accommodation, and visa (if required);
- Lunch reimbursement of up to 160 EUR per month and a monthly public transport ticket are provided (unlimited public transport for Brussels);
- The Intern will be based in Brussels during the internship programme.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*