The Grassroots Advocacy Specialist manages the day-to-day calendar, maintenance, and content production cycles for the CRS/USCCB grassroots advocacy network, Catholics Confront Global Poverty (CCGP), including bilingual (English and Spanish) content for web, email, social media, and mobile platforms. The Specialist is responsible for identifying, creating, and assembling digital, graphic and other collateral content on a regular basis and optimizing content based on data and analytics across all platforms. The Specialist serves as the Advocacy Department's liaison to the CRS Hispanic Engagement Team and is responsible for advancing Advocacy priorities related to Hispanic grassroots and grasstops engagement as determined. The Specialist is responsible for assisting with constituent lobby days and other constituent-led advocacy activities as necessary. The Specialist is responsible for proactively responding to constituent inquiries across all platforms. The Specialist represents the Advocacy Department at internal cross-divisional and external working groups as assigned.
Managing the CCGP and other email calendar and production cycle, including:
- Updating action alert messaging in collaboration with the Advocacy Department team as needed; working with Every Action and consultants as necessary to create content, optimize trackable URLs and updating all units;
- Activating the CCGP network, including timeline, communication tools, and audience segments, as determined with the Advocacy Department staff, and publishing message;
- Monitoring and evaluating message performance, and adapting based on analytics;
- Producing and publishing quarterly e-newsletter and other messages as necessary.
Managing and updating CCGP and other relevant CRS website content, including:
- Quarterly updates to stories, general descriptions and photo content;
- Creating trackable URLs;
- Managing consultants to ensure accuracy.
Managing mobile platform messaging and production cycle, including:
- Creating two SMS messages per month in collaboration with Charitable Giving;
- Monitor and evaluate performance, and adapting content as necessary;
- Managing advocacy social media calendar and content production;
- Identify and collect content for Facebook and Twitter feeds on a weekly basis from various sources, including Advocacy Department, news stories, Catholic outlets and other channels as appropriate;
- Draft messages to drive audience engagement in collaboration with CRS social media teams and other units as necessary.
Assisting with constituent lobby days:
- Contribute to organizing of lobby days as they materialize;
- Liaise with USCCB on annual Catholic Social Ministry Gathering.
Communicating with constituents:
- Respond to constituent information requests, follow-up messages and other inquiries across all CRS channels, including online and via regional offices;
- Respond to phone calls, other email or social media inquiries as needed.
Advancing Hispanic grassroots and grasstops engagement:
- Proactively working with the CRS Hispanic Church Engagement Team to identify and create opportunities to advance advocacy priorities and activities as part of the overall Hispanic engagement plan, including producing culturally appropriate and bilingual collateral as determined; promoting petition-signing and action alert completions; setting up lobby days and district visits;
- Proactively working with Marketing & Communications staff to advance email, social media, website content and online advocacy opportunities on platforms focused on Hispanic constituencies;
- Proactively working with Charitable Giving staff to identify and advance grasstops opportunities for advocacy, including with and through CHCI, Hispanic Heritage Foundation and other existing and new grasstops opportunities.
Competencies Relevant for the Specific Position:
- High level of comfort using technology, including Every Action, Mobile Commons, Salesforce.com and eagerness to learn new skills in this area;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Advocacy, Church Engagement, Overseas Operations, Marketing & Communications, Charitable Giving and others as needed;
- External: United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and other national Catholic organizations as determined.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in international relations, political science, public policy, marketing, communications and/or other related field;
- Minimum two year's work experience in advocacy, social justice, international affairs, marketing or related field;
- Familiarity and experience with the Hispanic community gained through personal or professional activities.
Required Foreign Language:
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*