The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
AAUW has a long and distinguished history of advancing educational and professional opportunities for women in the United States and around the globe. One of the world’s largest sources of funding for graduate women, AAUW annually provides more than $3.7 million in funding for fellowships, grants, and awards to outstanding women and nonprofit organizations — breaking through barriers so that all women have a fair chance.
Senior Program Associate, Fellowships & Grants
The Senior Program Associate, Fellowships and Grants, supports and implements tools and programs that actively inform, enlighten, and engage alumnae of AAUW’s fellowships and grants programs, and strengthen AAUW’s global partnerships and collaborations.
- Coordinate marketing and outreach strategies to increase the number of alumnae actively engaged with AAUW as members, donors, and supporters
- Maintain online presence for fellows, grantees, alumnae and global initiatives, including webpage, blogging, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media outlets
- Identify new tools and resources to connect alumnae with each other and the larger AAUW community, as well as promote alumnae accomplishments and successes
- Create content (blogs, video, and profiles) for online and print publications, highlighting current recipients’ and alumnae accomplishments and professional progress
- Collaborate with other AAUW departments to integrate alumnae in programs, events, and initiatives at the national, state and branch level
- Serve as coordinator for panels, networking, professional development and related events for alumnae, current fellows and global programs
- Assess and measure the long-term impact of alumnae of AAUW’s fellowships, grants, and global programs through data collection via online surveys; develop strategies to implement results
- Support AAUW’s collaborations and partnerships with international organizations, coalitions and state/branch activities
- Provide logistical support for UN and other AAUW meetings and activities
- Support opportunities for member engagement in global activities and coordinate outreach
- Respond to inquiries from the general public, alumnae, and members
- Supervise intern/s to achieve duties noted above
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-4 years of full-time professional work experience; higher education or international programs experience preferred
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook, PowerPoint). Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Demonstrated skills using social media, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other applications
- Must have a strong eye for detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to multitask, set and meet deadlines, and work independently and collaboratively
- Strong research and writing skills with preferred experience writing original content for websites or blogs
- Effective oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Professional demeanor and conduct. Knowledge of standard business practices
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills; ability to work with all levels of staff and the public
- Respect for, and ability to work productively with diverse populations
- Interest in programs that promote equity and education for women and girls
Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications, along with salary requirements by email, indicating position title (Senior Program Associate, Fellowships & Grants) in the subject line.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*