Macfadden is an employee-owned, international professional services corporation that applies integrated information technology solutions and program/project management expertise to help solve critical issues impacting the health, safety and security of the world around us. Since 1986, federal agencies have relied on Macfadden for critical support in the areas of international disaster response, development and humanitarian assistance, information technology solutions, financial management systems support and knowledge management and communications.
Today, Macfadden provides innovative solutions that enable our customers to protect America's food supply more efficiently and bring medical breakthroughs to market sooner; rapidly respond to complex international disaster relief efforts; develop and maintain critical government IT financial systems and safeguard key government information systems. We support our customer's mission to help emerging democracies in Eastern Europe and Eurasia develop their economic infrastructures; help meet compliance requirements and improve transparency through effective records and information management programs; and help preserve many of our nation's most treasured historical documents through our data capture and digital conversion services.
With more than 200 employees, Macfadden is headquartered in Silver Spring, MD with multiple client site operations in the greater Washington, DC region and Tidewater, VA area.
Macfadden is seeking a Data Analysis Team (DAT) Manager to support USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) in Washington, DC. The DAT utilizes innovative visualization tools providing analysis of political transitions and other complex crises. The DAT Manager will be responsible for the functioning of the team to provide cartographic, geographic, and analytic information services to USAID/OTI’s programs and their interagency counterparts, a critical component of USAID/OTI’s context-driven programming model. The DAT Manager will work closely with team members and USAID/OTI staff in Washington and in the field to allow for the effective targeting of USAID/OTI programming in foreign policy priority countries. The team’s products and technical assistance will help explain the “what, why, and where” behind USAID/OTI’s work and inform strategic and program decision-making. The DAT is an integral part of the Applied Best Practices and Coordination (ABC) team within the Program, Learning and Innovation (PLI) division of OTI.
- Support and supervise the Geographic Information Officers to provide quality and relevant data analysis services to USAID/OTI
- Collaborate with USAID/OTI’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) specialists to assist programs in thinking through tools and methods for data collection and analysis
- Work with the Strategic Communications team to help visualize program impact
- Connect country teams with cutting-edge initiatives from both outside and inside the USG, including low or no-cost data collection and analysis solutions
- Collaborate closely with USAID/OTI and implementing partner staff to maximize use of the DAT capabilities
- The DAT Manager is responsible for the overall assignments and workflow of the DAT team.
- Acts as primary liaison with ABC leadership and other OTI management. Coordinate with OTI regional teams and operational units to identify geospatial and data analysis requirements and develop plans to satisfy those requirements
- Manage aspects of the DAT, such as coordinating technology applications to ensure OTI has the benefit of full and current Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and data analysis capacity.
- Oversee and coordinate DAT workload, temporary assignments, field visits, and deliverables to ensure they are achieved on time and meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Provides mentorship to staff and assists team members in problem solving.
- In collaboration with USAID/OTI staff, determine efficient structure of the DAT to ensure all countries and regions are properly staffed with redundant support.
- Provide regular feedback to team members, including completing yearly performance evaluations
- Ensures that all DAT deliverables meet the highest quality and are delivered in a timely manner.
- Other related duties as required.
- 5 years’ experience with a U.S. Government foreign affairs agency, international assistance organization, or non-governmental organization in community development, economic development, conflict resolution, democracy and governance, international law, human rights activities, and/or political analysis.
Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of work experience
MS/MA/MB with 6 years of relevant experience
JD/ABD with 5 years of relevant experience
Ph.D. with 4 years of relevant experience
- At least 3 years of overseas field experience working in a developing country; foreign language skills a plus.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience, including mentoring, guiding or training staff
- Knowledge and experience with USAID/OTI field operating environments and systems
- Experience working with geospatial data from a wide array of sources. Familiarity with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), cartographic design, image processing, graphic editing, database, and standard office applications a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Position requires the ability to work in high pressure situations occasionally exceeding normal business hours with the potential for domestic and overseas travel.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*