The Osgood Center for International Studies seeks full or part-time interns with an interest in international affairs, foreign policy, and related areas to assist with a variety of upcoming programs this fall. The internship affords the student an opportunity to contribute to the delivery of high quality experiential programs as well as to gain academically from the experience.
- Currently enrolled in an institution of higher education, with interns seeking academic credit given higher priority for consideration.
- Interest in educational program coordination in the field of international studies
- Some background or study of international affairs, foreign policy, preferably including some Model UN or similar experience
- Demonstrated skill with some degree of program administration, including meeting planning, scheduling activities and logistics, contacting and assisting prospective speakers and attending to their needs, and accompanying small groups on educational site visits
- Experience working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds with some foreign language skills a plus
- Quick thinking, well organized, detail-oriented and sensitive to customer-service needs
- Demonstrated good communication skills and familiarity with the use of social media for promotion
- Flexibility with scheduling
- Assist with the planning, administration, and execution of Osgood Center experiential learning programs. These may include customized visits by international students to learn about public policy and the National Model UN-DC (November 3-5, 2017). Please note: Interns are required to register for the DC Model UN at their own expense, which is $130. Training for participation in the NMUN-DC will be provided.
- Contribute to other higher education program planning and assistance as needed
- Develop self-directed learning goals and a professional development plan to measure one's own learning progress and achievement
- Attend conferences, seminars, forums and other international-themed events to learn about issues relevant to Osgood Center programming
Please send cover letter and resume with names of three references (pdf files) to Dr. Eugene Alpert, Vice President, Osgood Center. Email below.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*