Duration: 1st October 2017- 30 June 2018
Contract Type: Individual Contractor
Closing date: 22 September 2017
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. UNHCR teams are in the field in over 125 countries, using their expertise to protect and care for nearly 55 million people.
In line with the continuous expansion of the Individual Giving (IG) and Leadership Giving (LG) programs of UNHCR in the Netherlands, PSP Netherlands is developing its fundraising communication tools and strategy. In this time of growth this position is key to increase UNHCR brand awareness and positioning in Netherlands by creating and developing effective communication tools and campaigns that aim to raise funds, generate leads and public engagement.
Furthermore this position will be responsible for delivering communication activities, content and materials to support UNHCR/PSP Netherlands private sector engagement and fundraising programs– including Individual Giving (on and off-line) and Leadership Giving.
This work will be delivered under the supervision of the Associate PSP Officer. The position will work closely with PSP, Digital and PI national/regional/global teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The contractor will work under the supervision of the Associate PSP Officer and in close collaboration with PSP, Digital and PI national/regional/global teams to deliver the expected outputs, which include:
- Create, develop and contribute to digital communication efforts in coordination with PSP Digital Engagement team (E-news, donors/prospects regular communication and information, support email marketing program and on building assets for digital marketing activities);
- Produce new and modify existing communication content in Dutch so that it is tailored to a Dutch audience;
- Contribute to develop of communication plan for fundraising campaigns;
- Research news hooks, story angles and creative opportunities to optimize communication;
- Stay abreast of current trends and techniques in social media and digital communication;
- Plan and develops content and assets for use on diverse communication channels;
- Coordinate and plan social media assets including drafting of posts and conceptualizing content;
- Day to day liaison with creative agencies and other suppliers on communications;
- Write briefs for videographers, photographers;
- Develop, Organize and share content;
- Build trusted, effective relationships with the PSP and PI network;
- Promote UNHCR’s public awareness and fundraising activities in the Netherlands by building public engagement strategy and content in close collaboration with PSP/PI national and global teams;
- Contribute to the overall development and management of UNHCR’s public awareness strategy for Netherlands;
- Coordinate, Manage and implement public awareness response and communication efforts in situations of refugee emergencies and specific thematic campaigns;
- Perform other tasks as required.
Monitoring and progress control:
- Digital communication assets with donors and supporters are established and implemented in coordination with PSP IG team and Associate PSP Officer;
- Core elements of an overall Dutch fundraising communication strategy is established and digital communication (website and social media, etc.) are continuously optimized;
- Routine and ad hoc performance reports are completed in a timely manner;
- Creative communication materials are developed;
- Reports on budget and expenditures are completed.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree in Communication, Marketing, Business, Development or related field.
No strict amount of years of experience required. However the following competencies are required and desirable:
- Strong track record developing compelling brand and communication strategy and producing communication content/assets, ideally with the aim to activate donors;
- Experience and understanding of private sector fundraising in the Netherlands;
- Proven experience using social media platforms, tools and tactics for engagement;
- Experience working on communication campaigns with multiple stakeholders;
- Experience working with donors, clients and creative agencies;
- Fluency in English and Dutch – speaking and writing.
- Fluency in Dutch and English is required.
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation and Personal History Form (P11), including testimonials/degrees/certificates to [email protected] indicating “PSP Fundraising Communication Support Contractor, Netherlands” in the subject of the email.
P11 forms are available on www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc.
The deadline for applications is 22 September 2017
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*