The Communications Manager develops content for Blumont online, social media and traditional media platforms and collateral products. She/he also supports the VP for Communications & Partnerships with logistical in maintaining project management timelines and proofreading and editing a variety of headquarters and field generated reports. She/he will also support the execution of an organizational communications strategy, particularly as it relates to employee awareness of and adherence to policies and standard operating procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Writes ad hoc marketing, education and outreach materials;
- Develops fact sheets, the annual report, and educational outreach activities;
- Manages content for blumont.org and Blumont social media channels;
- Provides communications support for all HQ departments;
- Participates in staff meetings and training as necessary; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Advertising or Business Administration with 1+ years’ working experience. (Campus work and internships are accepted.);
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience working in a communications role in the International Development sector. Language skills (French, Spanish or Arabic preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and be accountable for results in a fast-paced, fluid and challenging work environment;
- Have a high priority on attention to detail and organization;
- Demonstrated understanding of the strategic use of social media in support of communications objectives;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and in coordination with others.
- Domestic and international travel required. Approximately 8 days domestic travel per year and 14-21 days international travel.
- Normal Office Conditions.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*