Boeing Global Trade Controls organization has an exciting opportunity for a Trade Control Specialist. The Trade Control Specialist will author Export Authorizations and other related documents which enable Boeing business development, programs and functional groups to conduct business compliant with USG regulations and requirements. This position is located in El Segundo, California.
Primary job duties:
• Combine the multiple elements of Global Trade Control requirements, develop, plan and execute strategic solutions in support of enterprise objectives.
• Prepare, submit and track all EAR Licenses, ITAR agreements, commodity jurisdictions, general correspondence letters, and commodity jurisdiction requests.
• Review, approve, and manage use of ITAR exemptions and EAR exceptions.
• Conduct all post-approval compliance requirements (i.e. reports, amendments, notifications, closures, license returns).
• Conduct and document internal jurisdictional and classification determinations with engineer assistance.
• Train stakeholders on export requirements and compliance
• Interface with key stakeholders and provide comprehensive regulatory and policy solutions to enhance strategic alliance.
• Manage licensing processes and provide Subject Matter Expertise on US Government (USG) Export policy and procedure to the program, and monitor the status of licenses to ensure no gaps in coverage due to expirations or policy change.
• Identify documents, develop and deploy regulatory documentation for high profile and/or precedent setting activity with significant business risk and/or sensitive policy issues involving industry partners, subsidiaries, joint ventures, and multiple regulatory agencies.
• Monitor trends in government, industry, and technology and recommend approaches to deal with change
• This position requires ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
OFFICE OF INT GOVERNCE
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (required):
• Experience writing trade control authorities/export-import licensing.
• Experience with US Trade Control.
• Experience and understanding of ITAR and/or EAR.
• Experience working with Commerce & State jurisdiction, classifications, and USG policy related to technology, and international relations.
• Experience working with proprietary information and handling competition-sensitive materials and information with discretion.
• Experience working in an environment where first-pass quality of work is expected.
• Acumen to diplomatically exert influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of an organization.
• Exhibit ability to take basic instructions and situational business requirements such as deadlines, operating parameters, and formatting requirements, and arrange the needed activity to meet those objectives.
• Confidence in one's own professional competency and the ability to communicate regulatory imperatives to team members and supervisors.
• This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*