CFR Outreach focuses on communities in a cross-section of American life, including educators and students; congregational leaders, religion scholars, and representatives of faith-based organizations; and state and local government officials. The program associate will support the department’s work to connect these constituencies with CFR’s research, analysis, and educational products, as well as provide a forum to discuss a broad range of pressing international issues.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with planning and logistics of Outreach workshops, conference calls, roundtables, and conferences by drafting and sending event-related correspondence, tracking responses and participation, researching background materials, preparing meeting materials, drafting thank you notes, updating meeting records in database, completing post-event reports, and participating in brainstorming for program topics.
- Maintaining a large database of contacts, including researching and compiling contract information for constituents.
- Processing a large volume of email correspondence with Outreach constituents.
- Coordinating the traditional, online, and social media marketing of CFR materials and publications to Outreach constituents and tracking the results—this includes placing print and online ads, and selecting content and drafting descriptive text for dedicated Outreach Initiative webpages, monthly and quarterly eNewsletters, and Twitter feeds.
- Building pages in the content management system to be published on CFR.org.
- Tracking departmental expenses, preparing payment vouchers, and assisting with budget development.
- Tracking activities for Outreach efforts in calendars, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Providing general project and administrative support to the department, including attending and working at National Program and Outreach events.
- Two years related program planning experience that includes database entry and logistical tasks related to event planning.
- BA in international relations or related field with high academic achievement and an interest in U.S. and world leaders and current foreign policy issues.
- Experience working with diverse sectors and leaders; preferably with educators, religious leaders, government officials, and related constituencies.
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills with an ability to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Enthusiastic team player with positive and flexible attitude, ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as detail oriented with strong proofreading and editing skills.
- Strong MS Word, Excel, and database skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime, as necessary.
- Social media and/or online marketing experience, preferred.
- Experience working with budgets and billing, preferred.