The Senior Manager’s (SM) primary role and responsibility is to execute the business development strategy elements in all areas of Global Health. This includes a focus on customer development, new business identification and capture, and continued effort to implement the organization’s strategic goals. Critical to the position: identifying opportunities to support the mission, and drive growth within the Global Health and Health Security market. The SM will establish rapport with new and existing customers, partners and stakeholders, have the ability to assess viability of the customized solutions presented to the prospects, negotiate and close contracts and collaborate with mid and senior level management. This will include analysis of business opportunities, the pursuit and closure of new business programs. The ideal candidate will have a knowledge of global health market and the government personnel responsible for this area.
- Meet or exceed annual new business win targets
- Identify new business opportunities in close coordination with CRDF Global practice areas
- Collaborate with other CRDF Global departments to qualify pursuits and develop a pipeline of qualified leads
- Lead or support capture planning in pursuit of new or re-competed business opportunities, and develop compelling win strategies to ensure success
- Build relationships with the decision makers within the new and current customer organizations
- Work with the Director to develop and implement plans to approach and follow through with potential new funding agencies and offices, with a priority on US government leads.
- Support implementation of strategic growth plan
- Meet potential new customers by growing, maintaining, and leveraging his/her industry network
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends, and ensure timely follow up
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, help CRDF Global develop compelling marketing materials with focus on unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Meet regularly and collaborate with Growth department colleagues, and other non-Growth staff in planning sessions to achieve Growth objectives and to ensure adherence to the capture process
- Represent Growth BD sub-division as appropriate at internal meetings
- Oversee the recording and tracking of contacts, leads, and opportunities in Salesforce
- 5-7 years of experience in business development related to international programs/projects implementation
- 3 years of experience working in the Global Health market
- Direct experience working with US Government agencies in a business development, sales, program or account management capacity with an understanding of the process (Request for Information, Request for Proposals, etc.) to capture grant and contract vehicles
- Track record of successful business development and sales to federal government agencies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in developing proposals to U.S. government agencies with international programs (such as Department of State, Department of Defense, NIH, USAID, UNHCR) is a plus.
- Track record in proposal budgeting and financial tracking skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with different individuals, including staff, Board members, customers, and others.
- Close attention to detail and the ability to work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to travel
- Strong understanding of generally accepted capture planning principles and ethics.
- Excellent computer & administrative skills
U.S. work authorization
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter and resume.