Contract Duration: Indefinite duration – full time position (flexibility possible)
Location: Brussels with extended travels within Europe – flexible working arrangements/location may be considered
The “European Forum of Deposit Insurers – Association of European Deposit Guarantee Schemes and Investor Compensation Schemes”, abbreviated “EFDI, is an international non-profit association.
EFDI’s membership currently stands at 68 Member Institutions, i.e. 57 Deposit Guarantee Schemes and 11 Investor Compensation Schemes, from 45 countries from the Member States of the Council of Europe.
The purpose of the Association is to contribute to the stability of financial systems by:
To that effect, the Association shall have the right to develop, alone or in collaboration with third parties, directly or indirectly, all activities related, directly or indirectly, to its purpose.
Purpose of the job:
The Secretary General (SG) is accountable for directing the day-to-day management affairs of EFDI in conformity with the EFDI Statutes and policies. The SG provides a key role in leading the development and implementation of EFDI purpose, missions and activities in relation with deposit insurance schemes (DGSs), investment guarantee scheme (ICSs) and resolution of financial institutions, as well as insurance guarantee schemes (IGSs) – when any EU Directive takes effect requiring Member States to establish such schemes – in EFDI geographical scope.
The SG reports to EFDI Chairperson. He coordinates and animates the work of EFDI Secretariat, whether this work is performed by EFDI staff or by EFDI members’ dedicated staff.
The SG office is located in Brussels with extended travels within Europe. Flexible working arrangements and fixed-term contract duration may be considered.
The main responsibilities of the SG are:
1) direct the daily management of the Association, including:
i. human resources and financial management;
ii. managing and developing EFDI tools, such as EFDI website, contact directories, databases;
iii. drafting of business plan, budget and annual report;
iv. controlling the use of EFDI resources and the management of EFDI assets, in accordance with Board delegation and under its authority, as well as providing periodic reviews on the financial condition of the Association to the Treasurer, the Board and Annual General Meeting (AGM);
v. ensuring that the Association’s official documents and records, including tax documents, are prepared and maintained; and
vi. ensuring the establishment and compliance of a sound internal control environment, and minimisation of risks.
2) provide a key leadership role in the development and implementation of EFDI policy, missions and activities;
3) facilitate, coordinate and support the work of the EFDI Committees, Working Groups and other bodies of the Association, including by preparing agendas, meetings and logistical arrangements;
4) build and maintain strong relationships with EFDI membership, whether EU or non-EU members; and
5) in close relationship with EFDI Chairperson and the persons possibly entrusted with external representation powers according to EFDI Statutes, build and maintain strong relationships with external organizations such as the European Commission (EC), the European Parliament (EP), the European Banking Authority (EBA) and other international safety net organizations.
Please apply with CV and motivation letter.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*