WFM-IGP works to advance the global promise of peace and is committed to building a safer and more just world, and includes a comprehensive set of programs that work to protect civilians from the threat of genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity; facilitate transparency in governance; increase access to justice; and promote the application of the rule of law.
WFM-IGP houses the secretariats of two global civil society networks: the Coalition for the International Criminal Court (CICC) and the International Coalition for the Responsibility to Protect (ICRtoP). The CICC is a global network of 2,500 civil society organizations in 150 countries working in partnership to ensure justice for genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes. The ICRtoP brings together NGOs from all regions of the world to strengthen normative consensus for RtoP, further the understanding of the norm, push for strengthened capacities to prevent and halt genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity and mobilize NGOs to push for action to save lives in RtoP country-specific situations.
Reporting to the Director of Programs and the Head of Communications, the successful applicant will assist with the development and implementation of WFM-IGP communications activities and strategies, including media relations, digital communications, advocacy campaigns, and events. This position requires native or near native language capabilities in both English and French; strong oral and written skills; a creative mindset; the ability to work under pressure; an interest in digital communications and multimedia content production; a willingness to learn; and an affinity with WFM-IGP’s mission.
The responsibilities of the Communications Assistant will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with media relations and strategy;
- Drafting, researching, and editing content, including for publications, press releases, websites, emails, blogs, etc.;
- Translation and informal interpretation (English-French and French-English);
- Developing and implementing digital communications strategies;
- Managing social media platforms;
- Developing creative ideas for content and campaigns;
- Creating and editing videos, photos, infographics and other multimedia content;
- Performance monitoring and analysis;
- Assisting with furthering civil society advocacy with governments, international organizations, and other stakeholders;
- Liaising with members in English and in French;
- Attending, reporting, and assisting with lectures and events related to the WFM-IGP’s work;
- Supporting WFM-IGP staff and undertaking special projects and assignments as needed.
We are interested in applicants whose studies were related to Journalism, Digital Communications, Multimedia and/or other relevant fields; International Relations, Political Science, Human Rights, or Law.
- Bilingual in English and French languages required;
- Good knowledge of other languages a plus;
- Competency in using all Microsoft Office software;
- Experience translating preferred; experience interpreting an asset;
- Experience in the field of Law, Human Rights, and/or International Justice preferred;
- Experience with nongovernmental organizations and/or journalism preferred;
- Experience with digital communications and social media management preferred;
- Experience with responsive websites preferred;
- Experience with multimedia content production and strategy preferred;
- Familiarity with enewsletter newsletter production in Mailchimp preferred;
- Familiarity with Salsa Fundraising software an asset;
- Familiarity with European and international media landscape an asset;
- Experience with still and video photography and editing software an asset.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suites, or similar software, an asset;
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, Google Analytics, MailChimp an asset;
- Demonstrated interest in human rights, international justice, and NGO work an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication, research and analytical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and in a deadline-driven environment;
- Organizational and administrative skills;
- Effective team player with the ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Resourceful, creative, and proactive;
- Passion for digital and social media and its potential as an advocacy tools.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*