For its Brussels office, the Polis network is looking for a project officer who will be employed on a full-time 2-year contract with the possibility of an extension. The project officer will work on European funded projects in the field of sustainable urban mobility and transport innovation.
The main tasks associated with this position involve:
- Developing communication strategies and tools for EU funded urban transport projects (including coordination with web designers and communication agencies, management and maintenance of project websites, drafting of publications, organisation of project events, etc.);
- Establishing and coordinating relations with project partners and transport stakeholders;
- Organising training and capacity building activities in the field of urban transport;
- Drafting policy recommendations and practitioner guidelines;
- Coordinating reference groups of cities regarding user need requirements, transferability of good practice and the deployment of innovative solutions;
- Carrying out and coordinating overall project management related tasks.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience, within the transport or sustainable development field;
- Very good analytical and writing skills;
- European project management expertise;
- A strong ability to work under pressure and be involved in a wide range of activities;
- Experience with drafting reports and developing communication tools in English, i.e. newsletter articles, press releases, website content, brochures, etc.;
- A relevant university degree;
- An excellent command of English (spoken and written); knowledge of other European languages will be an asset.
He/she should be able to join the Polis team by 1 November 2017.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*