Principal Duties and Responsibilities Outreach (75%)
- Work closely with the Vice President for External Relations, assists with corporate outreach efforts, including sponsorships for events, as well as corporate fundraising initiatives, including RI’s annual Anniversary Dinner and New York Circle events. Manage corporate donor appreciation and recognition.
- Assist in the development and design of fundraising appeals and event materials -- both hard copy and online-- and help design and implement strategies to retain, cultivate and activate online donors.
- Regularly update website content that is related to all fundraising activities such as pages, photos, audio or video clips. Create and design some web pages (e.g. donation pages, event registration), content, buttons, ad images and widgets as needed.
- Work with External Relations colleagues on an annual online advertising strategy – including the use of donated and paid ads as needed.
- Responsible for RI’s Young Humanitarian Circle outreach efforts including designing engagement strategies to increase the number of younger supporters.
- Provide general support to the External Relations team as needed, including mailing preparation, meeting set up, note taking, creating supply lists for events, etc.
Research, Writing and Analysis (25%)
- Conduct research on potential corporate and foundation donors.
- Draft proposal submissions when appropriate.
- Conduct ongoing research on philanthropy, corporate social responsibility trends, related fields to identify new prospects and strategies.
- Apply knowledge and creative ideas to increase web site traffic, social media activity, online giving, appeal gifts, etc.
- Explore innovative technologies and stay current in latest trends in online fundraising.
- Update donor records in database using best practices.
Special Education/Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in international relations, communications, political science or related field.
• 2-4 years of experience in development, fundraising, and/or marketing, including a proven ability to set and achieve fundraising goals.
Special Knowledge/Skills Requirements:
• Excellent writing, communications and strategic thinking skills, as well as problem-solving abilities.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact comfortably with current and prospective donors.
• Organized and creative self-starter with ability to juggle competing priorities.
• Serious attention to detail and accuracy in reporting and data security and oversight.
• Computer skills: Aptitude for learning new software a must. Basic HTML programming, Photoshop, Squarespace (or similar website building software) preferred. Knowledge of Donor Perfect a plus. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required.
• Deep knowledge and interest in fundraising for international issues.
• Interest in and knowledge of issues related to U.S. foreign policy, complex emergencies, and international humanitarian assistance.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and one writing sample. In the subject line write Development Associate followed by your family name. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*