The Programme Division sets the standards, assures the quality of program design, and provides guidance to country level program work of UN Women, as well as supports the coordination role of UN Women at regional and country level. It supports the effective use of results based management and reporting across the organization. It also manages global Trust funds, and Global Programs, and it provides technical capacity to countries on request, including a humanitarian response capacity. Up-to-date, high quality situation analyses on the overall political and socio-economic context, gender equality and UN Women engagement and strategic partnerships at country and regional level are an essential tool for facilitation of the oversight and representational functions of the Programme Division. During the next six months, the Programme Division shall oversee several activities (Review of Strategic Notes, Clearance of 2018 AWPs, ED Missions, CSW 62 preparations) which will require the additional help of a junior consultant to support the team.
To this end, UN Women is seeking to engage a consultant who will support the Director’s office and the Africa Section for the next 6 months. Under the supervision of the Programme Advisor for Africa, the consultant will support the Directorate by performing a variety of tasks related to specific events ensuring high quality and accuracy of work and providing support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. S/he will provide programme, administrative, and logistical assistance to the team for smooth programme implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans and proposals on programme implementation arrangements;
- Prepare trends analysis and data on key programme indicators;
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated;
- Identify sources, and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers, in collaboration with the Programme team.
- Assist in developing in-depth briefing notes covering the political situation, socio-economic situation, conflict and post-conflict situation, UN Women’s assistance and key programmes, UN missions, etc;
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations, in collaboration with the Programme team;
- Support the maintenance of knowledge management platforms;
- Review and update Africa online content in RMS, DAMS, LEADS, Sharepoint.
- Develop Africa programme updates for December and March
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents; maintain mailing lists
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Knowledge of programme management;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats;
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow;
- Good financial and budgeting skills;
- Good IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in law, gender studies, international relations, human rights, development studies or related field.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 1 year of experience in programme management or support.
- Experience working in an international environment is desirable;
- Knowledge and understanding of post-conflict contexts, especially as related to women and gender issues is desirable;
- Experience in political and economic research is desirable;
- Experience in project and programme management is desirable;
- Good Microsoft Excel skills are desirable;
- Knowledge or experience with results-based management is desirable;
- Experience in preparing and implementing communications plans and strategies is desirable
- Experience in Sharepoint is desirable.
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in English is required;
- Fluency in French or Spanish is desirable.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*