Global Kids, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, hard-working, and creative individual who is interested in youth development, global education, and social action. The Senior Trainer will work with students at one of Global Kids’ Community Schools in the Bronx or a high school in Brooklyn, and help provide an array of comprehensive youth development services, specifically on Black and Latino male empowerment programs.
· Coordinate, develop and co-facilitate interactive, experiential workshops and activities for GK's global education academic enrichment programs and afterschool programs.
· Collaborate with GK staff to generate new program ideas, write curriculum and content focusing on global/local issues, leadership development, Black and Latino male empowerment, and socio-emotional learning.
· Coach less experienced program staff in program development, facilitation, and workshop design and serve as site manager/point person for school based programs.
· Assist in the design and implementation of professional development and trainings for teachers around topics such as engagement strategies, youth development, Black and Latino male empowerment, creating safe space and caring communities.
· Collect, input and review attendance, evaluation and other data related to projects and student progress.
· Maintain necessary documentation/case files, program data entry and records and provide periodic progress reports as necessary.
· Work with other staff and students to implement the annual Global Kids Youth Conference and other special projects with the United Nations, Council on Foreign Relations, etc.
· Conduct attendance outreach services including attendance monitoring/data review, home visits, conferences, attendance incentive activities and phone calls.
· Attend occasional late night, weekend and overnight trips/events.
· Master’s degree in education, international affairs, sociology, or related areas, plus several years of professional experience working with youth in the classroom or other educational settings.
· Strong understanding of a wide array of NYC youth development strategies and engagement strategies for Black and Latino males and students with high needs (behavioral or academic).
· Experience using interactive experiential learning strategies, counseling and conflict resolution skills, and leadership strategies in culturally diverse settings with youth.
· Strong interest in global issues, political science, history, and social activism.
· Excellent facilitation, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
· Initiative, creativity, willingness to learn, and ability to juggle multiple tasks independently.
· Strong communication, writing, organizational, and computer skills.
Low to Mid 40s. Good benefits and possibilities for travel.
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] Please indicate “Senior Trainer” in the subject line of the email. We are unable to accept any phone, mail, or fax inquiries please refer to the Global Kids web site for further information, www.globalkids.org.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*