COORDINATES WITH: Private Sector Department; US Domestic Program; campaign teams; other relevant staff, teams, and senior leaders of Oxfam America and Oxfam International.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To strengthen Oxfam America’s capacity to engage key US-based private sector actors through advocacy, campaigning, and collaboration. To develop and drive Oxfam America’s private sector strategy for campaigns and policy work. To raise Oxfam America’s profile as a thought and practice leader regarding nuanced private sector engagement on employment and poverty issues. This position focuses on Domestic Program issues.
Strengthen Oxfam America’s capacity to engage key US-based private sector actors through advocacy, campaigning, and collaboration:
- Provide analysis and technical guidance on private sector actors and markets to Oxfam’s campaign teams and program teams, and partners; and
- Develop strategies and tools for targeting and engaging with private sector actors relevant to Oxfam advocacy, campaigning, and collaboration.
Drive Oxfam America’s private sector strategy for specific campaigns and collaborations:
- Co-lead on design and implementation of corporate advocacy, campaigning, and collaboration strategies around labor and employment, food systems, poverty and inequality;
- Provide Domestic Program and campaigns with strategic guidance, analysis, and research on the private sector; and
- Lead and manage relationships with key private sector actors and networks to advance relevant agency priorities, including corporate social responsibility networks.
Raise Oxfam America’s profile as a thought and practice leader regarding nuanced private sector engagement on labor, poverty and inequalityissues:
- Represent Oxfam America’s (corporate and other) campaigning and its “market systems approach” at external meetings and events with industry, policy, and civil society leaders;
- Engage influential private sector actors to build support for Oxfam public policy positions; and
- Support the Private Sector Department and Domestic Program on fundraising and other priorities.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- S/he will stay abreast of professional trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities and demonstrate continuous learning in the field.
- S/he will work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work, will perform all duties appropriately for a multi-cultural environment, treating all persons with dignity and respect, and will be familiar with and committed to Oxfam America mission and goals. S/he will have an understanding of gender equity and diversity within key areas of responsibility and a commitment to promoting gender equity and diversity in our workplace and programs.
- Periodic travel will be required up to a maximum of ten weeks per year.
Master’s degree in business administration, law, public policy, and/or related field – or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training
Experience and Core Competencies:
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience working in economic development, the private sector, public advocacy, corporate social responsibility, labor and/or related fields;
- Leadership experience working on collaborations, campaigns and/or US policy initiatives engaging private sector actors;
- Experience working with business and with industry associations;
- Strong writing, analytical, presentation, and relationship-building skills; and
- Experience working effectively in teams.
- Experience managing projects across departmental lines;
- Experience living and working in cross-cultural setting;
- Strong understanding of, and experience working with, the US Government; and/or
- Proficiency in a second language (Spanish preferred).
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*