Deputy Head, Investment Promotion
Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, New York
(Salary starting at $5,834.00 to $9,792.00 per month)
Applications are invited for the position of Deputy Head, Investment Promotion of the Invest Hong Kong unit at the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office (HKETO), New York.
Invest Hong Kong is the department of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSARG) established to attract and retain foreign direct investment in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Head, Investment Promotion, the Deputy Head, Investment Promotion will be responsible for identifying, attracting and supporting companies to set up or expand in Hong Kong by engaging in strategic planning and execution of investment promotion activities, visits to top level executives of leading companies and providing assistance to potential investors in Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Terms of Appointment
Two-year contract on non-civil service contract term with the possibility of extension.
10% end of contract gratuity to be paid upon satisfactory completion of the employment contract. Other benefits include medical coverage and annual leave.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in international business, international economics, or international marketing. A higher degree would be an advantage.
• Minimum of 3 years of international sales and/or business development experience, preferably in foreign direct investment promotion or economic development.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills in English,
• Broad knowledge of the business environment of the eastern US and relevant working experience is important. Experience of living and/or doing business in Hong Kong would be an asset.
• Willing to travel within the area under the New York HKETO’s purview.
• Eligible to take up employment in the US.
Interested applicants are invited to send a covering letter with full curriculum vitae, and copies of academic qualification certificates/transcripts and available references from previous employment to:
By post : Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, Attn: EOM, 115 East 54th Street, New York, NY 10022
By email : [email protected]
By fax : 1-212-752-3395
Application closing date : 30 October 2017; 5:00 pm local time
Late applications will not be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Any enquiries concerning the above position should be sent to the HKETO, New York by e-mail, fax or post.
• This is not a post on the civil service establishment. The candidate will not be appointed on HKSARG civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. He/she will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the civil service of the HKSARG.
• The terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
• Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the HKSARG’s personal data policies which are available at http://www.gov.hk/en/about/privacy.htm.